“Second time and will return again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavendish
Dreams to Sea Cottages
Halifax, Canada
“Second time and will return again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

A few friend and I returned to Dreams to Sea for a reunion after staying once before six years ago. We had just as lovely time and were happy with the addition of a pool and other realized the cottages were even better stocked than before.

The owner is very friendly and personable and the cottages have a relaxed atmosphere that give you a feeling of being away from it all and recharging.

We certainly hope to return again!

Ryan

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RyanTraveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Return visitors – July 2012

Thanks to our extra hospitable hosts! Our Dreams to Sea cottage was cozy, fully equipped and ultra clean. We relaxed on the spacious porch, admiring the Gulf of St-Lawrence, the stunning sunsets and the stars. The kids enjoyed the sprawling grounds, the in-ground salt water pool and the toys graciously provided by Leone. The cottage was close to the beach, convenience stores, amusement parks and North Rustico harbour. In short, there is something for everyone! We highly recommend Dreams to Sea cottages as your base for a fun family trip in a homey environment.

Mireille and Greg

Room Tip: Stock up on groceries in Charlottetown on your arrival.....!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mireille G
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have travelled the world with my family...but NEVER have I experienced the horror of what we went through staying at this property!
When we first arrived...I made sure to once again ask that we had a quiet cottage as per my reservation I made a month earlier. I was told that we were in a quiet cottage and that it was a family establishment which is what I wanted.
Now this is when it all got disturbing. My children were swimming in the pool. One 14 yrs old and other 10 years old. The pool is right in the back yard of the owners home. I sat reading a book while the kids played...meanwhile many people in the owners backyard (and one was her husband/boyfriend??) and his friends were all drinking beer, smoking and using foul language and loud music for my kids to see and hear. But the worse part was one of them (in his later 40's) starring at my 14 year old in her bathing suit with disgusting mannerisms, and also would come over to the pool too. It was VERY uncomfortable and disturbing. I felt sick to my stomach. It got to the point where we had to leave as it didn't stop. I went to the owner Leone...and told her that this was not acceptable and that we wanted to leave the next day as this was not what I signed up for and agreed to when I booked this "so called family" establishment! She tried to justify it and there was little remorse...and she is VERY arrogant! She refunded my money and that was that. Not so.
That night at 1 am...8-9 young guys in the cottage beside us were all partying, drunk and smoking weed and blaring music! It was awful! I walked over to her house and she told me she would take care of it. It took her 20 minutes to do so...and I over-heard her making fun of us as our windows were open. I watched the whole time when she was at their cottage...and she acted like they were her buddies...rather then act professional and stern. All she did was close there windows but I saw her hugging them and laughing.
The next day I went to check out and get away from this property as quickly as possible. Well that didn't work so great. I told her we would never be back...and that she should be ashamed of herself for the way she acts and her lack of professionalism. When I went to leave...she started to scream at me (see past reviews from other customers on her bullish and disturbed behavior)...and got right into my face and wouldn't let me walk back to my cottage. It got to the point her husband/boyfriend told her to back off...but she still continued with the verbal abuse! People in the area where stunned. I told her to back off as my kids could see and hear her all the way to our cottage. I just wanted to leave. I got the kids in the car...all the meanwhile she is talking with the party cottage people talking bad about me and trying to justify her psycho abuse she presented earlier. They told me to go stay in a old folks home!
So all you families out there...DO NOT STAY HERE!!! She overcharges, her cabins are falling apart and there are carpenter ants! But most importantly, she has slimy people who she knows that stare at very young girls and she has no remorse over it. It is sick! She will trick you in being all nice like past customers have posted in the reviews...but don't be fooled, she is a phony! And I'm sure she will justify everything I say on this review just like she did on all the others too! Whatever makes you happy Leone!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank family f
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

I spend at least 3 weeks a year traveling and two of them will now be spent at this beautiful getaway .. I enjoyed everything .. The cottages were more like a home then a cottage, big n spacious, and the service from the owner was above and beyond from telling me little spots to go view, to having the perfect spices to borrow to make my dinner , and the games and movies to keep my children smiling ..
I have read some of the negative reviews on here and they are just unreal . There is no way any of this is true some people just got nothing better to do then complain or cause trouble and damage and blame the world for their problems!
This place is my new home away from home.. If you wanna place to stay where you feel you get more then what you pay for this is it .. Try it out :) and say hi to leone the owner "amazing person"
Mr D. Mathews

• Stayed July 2012
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

As newlyweds we decided that we wanted to keep our honeymoon within Canada, explore our own country, and have a down to earth relaxed honeymoon. This stay with Leone and her cottages was that, and then some! She was so thoughtful and had gone the extra mile to place candles and extra toiletries out for us in our cottage before we arrived. She even shared some extra island hospitality with us by bringing us breakfast in the cottage on the first morning, lobster omelets!! Excellent central location to visit all across PEI. We cannot wait to visit Dreams To Sea Cottages and Leone again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

A group of friends and I stayed here last summer for a night. Excellent location, BEAUTIFUL cabins, nice view, campfire, pool. This year we liked it so much we are staying for two nights. If you are looking for a nice, open, beautiful cabin to relax and enjoy your vacation - this is definately the place for you! Sleeps numerous people, definately recommend taking a weekend (or more) out to visit Cavendish with a group of friends or family and enjoy! So glad we discovered this gem!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

These cottages are amazing! Very clean and filled with everything you could ever imagine needing and even wanting. View is truly beautiful. The owner was wonderful, Leone really does go above and beyond to make sure you feel like royalty. My husband and I stayed last night and wish we were there tonight! We will for sure be back and we would highly recommend these great cottages. We were fortunate to have stayed in #6. Thank you Leone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple