Stayed 2 nights of longer trip. Selected this place as it was outside of Charlottetown (notorious for heavy traffic and lack of signage), but still central to everywhere on PEI.
This was apparently the Dutch Inn before Hojo took over, so architecture is resort-singular and not cookie-cutter. A little confusion at check-in as they had me down for 2 rooms, caused by online booking snafu. Otherwise only real complaint was lack of a TV lineup in room, and all the desk suggested was using the painfully slow on-TV guide (housekeeping didn't have copies?).
Booked a queen room, but found it was a very roomy mini-suite, old but clean and very-well appointed. Wide-screen TV sat on divider between bedroom and parlor, and easily swivelled to be seen from either.
Room included a kitchen with cooking area and cabinets, plus larger than usual fridge. Very good in-room coffee and a real mug. Many available receptacles. Internet was quick and reliable at all times.
Bedroom window could be opened, including a view of a farm right next door, with a herd of cows chewing cud in the afternoon sun only fifty feet away - this just a couple of miles from C'town.
Hotel has a restaurant and lounge, where bar grub is available and tasty. Decent hot breakfast in the restaurant included in price.
Overall, a very comfortable and convenient place to stay and use as a base to explore the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the quiet town of Cornwall, just 10 minutes from downtown Charlottetown and centrally located to the island's beautiful attractions. You are just 40 minutes drive to Anne's Land and 25 minutes to Victoria by the Sea, a beautiful fishing village. A lovely 2 hour drive to east and west end of island. We are family friendly with a large indoor pool/sauna, continental breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dutch Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Charlottetown
- Charlottetown Howard Johnson