“The room was very clean and spacious though since it was...”
Review of Dutch Inn Hotel

Dutch Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cornwall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Prince Edward Island Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great place to stay---Held my clogging workshop here twice and it is so suited to our needs--Everything in one place!!!! All good vibes from all cloggers that attended workshop off island and on island.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Lunenburg, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The property is 10 minutes out of Charlottetown on the Trans Canada Highway.Rooms are basic, clean, quiet and on two levels. Ours had a flat screen TV with a basic channel package. The bathroom was tiny but clean.
Breakfast was simple and did not offer any hot selections.
Front desk service was excellent.

I would recommend that management turn down the hot water thermostat as the bathroom water was dangerously hot, eg above recommended guidelines. They would save significantly on their operating bill if they follow this recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
nova scotia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a terrible experience and would never recommend this location or go back. The city was shut down for 24 hours due to a blizzard and we were storm stayed. Had we known the restaurants were going to be shut down on location we would have stocked up on options before the blizzard. We had originally planned to stay one night but had to stay the extra night due to the hockey game being postponed a day and the bridge being closed. Check out was noon so I called from town the morning of the storm when we were grabbing breakfast to say we would need the extra night and we were not informed at that time of the restaurants closing at the hotel. They were nice enough to give us toast and fruit loops that night when we were starving though. Checkout day we were not permitted a late checkout even though most of the city was still shut down and we had no place to go. Not sure why an extra hour or two could not be accommodated since housekeeping wasn't yet on site due to the road conditions. We instead sat in a parking lot all afternoon waiting for the 7pm game. The lady on the front desk was not happy that she was storm stayed and had to stay the night so she wasn't focused on customer service. I will say, the gentleman on the desk the night we checked in was absolutely fantastic and we had thought our stay was going to be just as great. It was the lady who left us with a bad taste in our mouth. With so few guests in the building she had the choice to provide exceptional customer service or make her guests feel like an inconvenience and she chose the latter. I am shocked that we were not offered a discount or late checkout to make up for services we expected not being available.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ljbaker
Antoinette G, Manager at Dutch Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Ms. Baker:

I am shocked to hear about your stay and the customer service that you received. The front desk clerk was informed by myself that if anyone who was stranded at the hotel and did not have breakfast, lunch or dinner to offer them the continental breakfast or the soup of the day and a sandwich. As I'm sure you can understand that since you were stranded at the hotel, my staff were stuck at home and could not make it in. I do appreciate you making this comment and please be rest assured that this will be looked into as well as why you could not have a later check out. I hope that this one incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. We do strive to give the best service possible. On a positive note, your team won!

Travellers are raving about these Cornwall hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I will be honest, when I first pulled in the parking lot I was a bit worried-it is an older building and I was concerned what I would find on the inside. However, the inside was much better. Room was clean and comfortable, large bathroom. Staff was very, very friendly. Breakfast was standard but I appreciated it since that seems to be something many places are doing away with. Can't complain about my stay. It is near place to eat and shop too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Antoinette G, Manager at Dutch Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
#7 of 23 in Charlottetown
Suites of Euston
Suites of Euston
#17 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to Dutch Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!