“HJC is so much more than somewhere to learn to ride western!”

The Hughes-Jones Centre for People and Animals
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Cornwall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Hughes-Jones Centre (HJC) is set in the rural landscape of Cornwall PEI on 75 acres of beautiful agricultural land. Architecturally designed, our funky facility is home to a herd of 14 - 18 horses as well as their caretakers (my husband and I). HJC was established in 2008 to better serve people and animals in our community by teaching western horseback riding lessons. In that time we have been fortunate to meet people from all over the world who have included us in their travel plans. Our horse program and facility is unique. We would love to meet you and introduce you to our horses! Summer day camp options and lesson options for those on short terms stays. We also offer a variety of clinics which host people from near and far with their horses. Please visit our website for more information!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HJC is so much more than somewhere to learn to ride western!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

My first experience of riding western was at HJC. As an English rider, I wanted to try western - what I found is that HJC is so much more than somewhere to learn to ride western! HJC has become my 'happy place' and I love being part of the HJC family!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Aj M

Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“I love HJC!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

HJC is amazing! The people and the enviorment are something you will not find anywhere else. If you want to learn about the horse world you cannot go wrong wtih HJC.

Visited August 2013
Albany, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“HJC is amazing!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

HJC has got to be one of the safest places to learn to ride. There is a horse to suit everyone, and you are not pressured to do things you are not comfortable with. The people are great, and the non-competitive fun atmosphere is very inviting. If you are intimidated by horses or riding this is a great place to be to get over your fear. The lesson horses are very quiet and well mannered. HJC is a wonderful place for your kids to start horseback riding, through July and August they offer a week long summer camp program. The facility is beautiful and well kept, definitely worth taking a tour!

Visited June 2013
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL facility!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've had the privilege of being part of HJC for the past 4 years. It is truly THE best riding facility around. You immediately feel part of the family when you walk in the door - it becomes your happy place. I highly, highly recommend visiting HJC if you have the chance. It's a once in a lifetime place.

Visited August 2012
Summerside, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Something to make your PEI vacation extraordinary!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Hugh's-Jones Center for People & Animals is an inspirational place to be. The people around you will be always searching for the best way to treat & train horses & will be eager to share that knowledge. There are a number of clinics offered through out the season as well as regular riding lessons & day camps. I've been here many times for camps & clinics ; I'm very impressed by how content & confident the horses are & how knowledgeable the instucters are. You really should add this event to your vacation!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cyndy L
HJCPEI, Owner at The Hughes-Jones Centre for People and Animals, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank-you so much Cyndy! It's meeting people like you and horses like Spot that make HJC my dream job. Thank-you for being a part of our little HJC family. Hope to see you soon, Ellen