Quality Inn & Suites
Banbridge Inn(Charlottetown)
Rodd Royalty(Charlottetown)
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskhot tubbagelsroom with queen bedsthe breakfast areano elevatorcontinental breakfastlong weekendstayed here for two nightswould stay againexcellent stayhortonpeimotelcharlottetownteamshockey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here with the kids for a hockey tournament on the island. The hotel is located a few minutes drive to shopping & restaurants. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. Unfortunetely they weren't able to accomodate all of our players in the same part of the hotel so that lead to kids running around the hallways. We all paid the same price for our rooms but some families got very large rooms while others were much smaller. The room we had was quite cold. The bathroom floor was freezing so I had to put shoes on even during the night to go in there. Complimentary breakfast was good. Pool was a very nice size. The staff were very kind to provide a conference room for the team to meet in.

Room Tip: OK for an overnight stay or if your are going to only be in the room to wash and sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel we noticed there was a pile of dog poo in the parking space we parked in, I understand that dogs are allowed to stay, but that should be dealt with. We had called ahead to ask if our room was ready as we were traveling with our two small children and had arrived in town 90 mins early. We were advised it was ready and we could check in. This was our first stay At a super 8 hotel. We entered the room and were a little disappointed at how small it was and that there was no fridge to store the kids milk. I then entered the washroom and found a dried urine stain on the floor and a used bar Of soap and an empty bottle of body wash in the shower. Obviously it was not cleaned, just restocked. Then I started to really take a good look around and noticed that there was debris on the carpet, which would have easily been cleaned up IF there had been a vaccuum passed over the floor. The night stand between the two beds was covered in dust as well. As was the tv
Console. The pool area was nice, however, the towels provided were stained and very small, I would consider them large hand towels or child size, not suitable for the average size adult, and there was a sign asking that the towels stayed in the pool area, which was rude in my opinion, were we suppose to walk back to our room wet and cold with no towel, just dripping water everywhere?
As the evening wore on, we realized that we were staying on the same floor as a large group of teenage boys, possible hockey players. They were running through the halls and slamming doors and laughing and playing in the hallway throughout the night. I feel like the hotel staff should have put an end to that early in the night. Instead, I had to go into the hall at 2am, after being awakened 4 previous times, to finally ask them to take the 'party' to their room, as they were being very rude and disrespectful to the rest of the tenants on the floor.
So I would not recommend this hotel to any one that I know. We did not have a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Trish S
Lisa F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Trish S,
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit to Charlotttetown. I want to assure you that we take cleanliness and guest comfort very seriously. Your recent experience is not the normal experience our guests receive. We do hope that you have an opportunity to try our hotel again in the near future at which time I am sure you will realize that this experience was an isolated incident.

Lisa Forrestall - General Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Easy to get to on hwy #1. Nice salt water pool and small workout room. Good breakfast (included hot items) and friendly staff. Rooms need a bit of an upgrade or modernization but for the price good value overall.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Trvlcanada,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay at the Super 8 Charlottetown. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future. You will be pleased to know that we have just completed installing flat screen TVs in all of our guestrooms and all of our beds are now triple sheeted with linen and topped with duvets.

Lisa Forrestall - General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is my 5th stay or so at the Super 8 in Cornwall - just beside Charlottetown - you can read my other review for hotel details.

I will not be coming back here again. I was given a room with no proper heating system. The carpet was cold and wet. I asked the front desk to move to another room and they said to me they were all like this.

At the moment it is 14 degrees in the bedroom. I had to ask for 2 more blankets to be able to sleep with all my clothes on ; and I had to were a WINTER HAT in order to prevent my head from freezing.

For 99$ a night, I expect a little bit more. I was woken up froze to death at 6h30 this morning and although I planned to relax all morning before to leave - my ferry is only at 1 PM ; I left at 8 because I was way too cold. Came out of there with a runny nose and cough due to the cold temperature in the room.

I don't go on vacations to freeze, so from now on i'll go on vacations somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear EliiMaud,
I would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Super 8. I understand your frustration and agree that a cold guestroom does not make for a pleasant experience. I want to assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel and unfortunately we were hit with an unexpected cold front and were not able to increase the overall temperature of the building in time to cope with the quickly falling temperatures. I can assure you that we strive to ensure all our guest rooms are above room temperature for arriving guests and we check every arriving room prior to checking our guests in to make sure our heating systems are functioning properly. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion of our property during your next visit to Charlottetown.

Thierry