“Pay for Condiments”

Royal Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was a shocking experience when we asked for hot sauce and were told that we had to pay 50 cents extra. Food was good but ...

Reviewed 14 June 2013

There are three Chinese food restaurants in the downtown but by far this is the best one. And I can say that because I work in China and want food closer to the original (although it is Canadian Chinese food).

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Last couple of times I have been there my rice tasted liked it was burnt and a friend had french fries that were not cooked.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I love Chinese food and I love being able to live across from a Chinese restaurant. I went today and the food is good, the rice was a bit over cooked just a bit dry but I usually add some sause to it no matter where I go. Either way, the girl that was waiting on me was absolutely terrible. She was rude and just brushed me off. When she came to give me my take out bag she held it out to me, I said thank you and gave her a smile, she just turned around and walked away without so much as a word in response. I expect that if i am giving my money to a restaurant that I am treated like I am wanted there. I don't appreciated having a worker be so rude to me. Needless to say, I wont be going back.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place does indeed have the best chinese food on the island. Always consistent, hot, and flavorful. Unfortunately I have to give it an average rating as the service has become absolutely terrible. The service used to match the food. I used to look forward to my frequent visits here as the staff was always very friendly and efficient. The last couple of visits however has left me wondering where the old staff went as the current new staff that i have encountered have no business being in the service industry. Not even a hello. just drop the menu on your table without even looking at you and come back a bit later and stare at you notepad in hand as if telepathically asking you if you are ready to order. Mains appear at your table when youve barely started the apps, Drinks don't arrive until after another table is cleared, cleaned and reset (not busy either by the way, only 2 tables in the place) , Bill gets dropped on your table in the middle of your mains (no I guess i won't be having dessert or coffee) I just don't get it. I will probably still go back as it seems to be the only good chinese food on the island but it is truly a shame what has happened to the service.

2  Thank restaurantguy155023