“Quiet & Peaceful”

Toronto, Canada
“Quiet & Peaceful”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at this resort for 5 days. We had a two-bedroom cottage. Key points:

- Very quiet place. Its remote and if your looking to relax, its a good spot.
- No nightlife to speak of whatsoever.
- Onsite restaurant is incredibly expensive and not worth it. Go outside the resort to eat out.
- Great for families. Cute on-site little park and its safe for kids to run around.
- Beach is great. Its about a 10minute walk but the scenery is nice and the beach itself is clean and gorgeous. Many chairs onsite and not crowded at all.
- The cottages were fully equipped with utensils and all basic kitchen necessities including pots and pans and a dishwasher.

The one downside to the place is that its quite remote and about a half hour ride to Charlottetown so if food or supplies were needed, you had to go quite a distance. The resort did however offer a free service that allowed you to 'order' groceries and they would go get them for you.

2 Thank aria k
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us a Rodd Crowbush

As our season is rapidly coming to close we are in the process of developing a complete Activity Program for next year, especially in the evenings and do hope you return to enjoy these.
Feel free to contact me directly should you wish to return

best regards
Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I absolutely love this resort. The cottages are quaint with every amenity, the golf course is beautiful. We originally came for three nights, but decided to stay two more. The beach is fantastic and the food at the hotel restaurant is the best seafood chowder and linguine I have ever had. Our server Lynn should be commended for her impeccable customer service and care for her customers. We came with a 13 year old and 8 year old who loved it as well. I couldn't imagine a better place to stay on pe let alone anywhere. Thanks Rodd Crowbush for an amazing summer family vacation.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Moxiemissy
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
Our staff enjoy hearing that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to you and your families return to Rodd Crowbush Beach and Golf Resort
sincerely
Edmundston, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you want to relax in PEI this is the place to go we attend a wedding at the resort it was awesome. The golf course is a must try even if you never golf before just tried it. We rent a cottage to be specific #403 you can sleep 8 adults there is one bedroom with a king size bed one with two double bed and two adults can sleep on the couch.Service is great and the employee smile all the time.You can slipt the expenses in two if you are two couples or many friends.You have a BBQ outside you can used.The only things I didn't like it is hard to find there is no road signs no clear direction how to get there other then that everything is great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments.
We will review our signage and work with the Province of PEI to help make it easier to find us.
Hope to see you back with us soon.
Best regards
Ontario
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I could not believe how I was treated upon my arrival, the reception answered the phone three times while I was trying to check in (her address on the phone was "you are always welcome at Rodd Crowbush" huh??) I had to drag the luggage cart up a hill in the wind by myself (I am a female and was wearing a dress and heels) as I finally got in the door someone said "oh, do you need some help?" then when I was waiting and waiting for the "free" shuttle to the beach which is a 15 min walk away I finally went in to see if I was in the right place and was told that there was a wedding going on and the shuttles were not available....So, I guess you are only welcome if you are part of a wedding party or if you have yet to arrive. The rooms are a little shabby for a 5 star, chipped closet doors, dirty grout in the bathroom. The beach was great but you can't credit the resort for that, only mother nature. Our golf (prearranged) was not arranged properly.... all in all a big disappointment

Room Tip: try to get a bottom floor with a walk out or face the golf course/ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Monique M
Thank you for taking the time to advise us of our shortcomings.
We clearly made many mistakes with you and I do sincerely apologise.
If you would be kind enough to contact me directly I would like to speak with you to
discuss the challenges you had

Sincerely
jgertridge@roddhotelsandresorts.com
1-902-218-5502
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2013

PEI was on my 90-year-old mother-in-law’s bucket list so we planned a visit. Couldn’t find many lodging options online, so we went with this resort. With taxes, we paid $425 for a two-bedroom cottage. The cottage was dated and well used. Rather than modern duvet, it had the old bedspreads. We were in the king room and there were two perfect divots in the bed where people lay. The bathroom was dark which was good because the mold around the tub wasn’t as evident. The golf course is beautiful – I would love to golf there, but I would find either a less expensive or more modern lodging alternative. The fire alarm went off at 12:34 and scared us to death. Called the office and they had no idea why. We had a hard time going back to sleep because we were scared there could really be a fire. The desk clerk offered no compensation or apology.

Room Tip: If you get cottage, get it on the beach side so you have a view
2 Thank surfinginflorida
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for you response.
Although these are the comments we do not like to hear, I would appreciate if you would contact me to see what we can do to convince you to be a returning guest to our resort
Feel free to call or email me at the following
jgertridge@roddhotelsandresorts.com
902-961-5600
thank you and look forward to speaking with you
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

When we checked in (Aug 13) after a long drive from Halifax, the room was not ready even though check in time was 3 pm and we arrived at 330 pm. There were no apologies by the reception - except to say that our family can sit in the lobby while the room is being prepared. I asked if there's a map for us to look around including restaurants or groceries - she reluctantly gave to me one piece of paper and said "yes I can give you this". She didn't volunteered any more info on what the resort has to offer, then moved on to another guests. This is the worst customer service that I've received from a hotel/resort - never mind that it is supposedly a higher end establishment costing over 300 dollars a night. We were treated like this was a cheap motel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SanJose023
thank you for your comments.
We certainly did not perform to standard and I sincerely apologize for this.
please give me a call as I would like to discuss how to make you a returning guest to our resort

I look forward to hearing from you.
902-961-5600
best regards
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I couldn't have dreamt of a better location for a PEI wedding.
The location, hotel, rooms and staff made sure everything came together for us and all our travelers from the moment they checked in. GM Roch B. was so helpful in the planning and made sure the banquet, food and bev, golf and spa teams aligned with what we requested for our special day/weekend.
The property and all it's amendments caters to couples, families, beach combers and golf lovers.
This is THE best hotel in PEI with a great team behind it.
Thank you so much for making our wedding and our guests stay so wonderful. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: Loved the cottages! Planning a PEI wedding - this is your place!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nic_nmkelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
The Holman Grand Hotel
#1 of 23 in Charlottetown
The Harbour House
The Harbour House
#2 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!