“True Island Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Maple Ridge, Canada
“True Island Hospitality”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently spent four nights at the Rodd Crowbush for a conference. They treated our association members like family - I felt like they wrote the book on customer service. The staff went out of their way to help in anyway we needed - both as a guest and a conference attendee.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful - it feels like a retreat centre, away from everything, peaceful and serene. They have a shuttle and will take you anywhere on the property you wish.

The lobster roll and fish tacos at the clubhouse were deeee-lish, as were the sea scallops in the main dining room. All the meals that were provided as part of our conference package were very good as well.

I was sad to leave and both the Rodd Crowbush and PEI left me wanting to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course - balconies on many of the rooms. Better yet, book into one o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BethTravel53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a wonderful resort. We spent 8 nights here attending a conference and taking a vacation. The staff are amazing! They made us feel at home and pampered. They went the extra mile to make us feel comfortable. I was so sad to leave them as they had become good friends. The king suite we had was very comfortable and spacious. The views were fantastic. The food delicious. I highly recommend this property and can't wait to go back again. Be sure to try the seafood chowder at the clubhouse. So yummy!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After a long drive from Jersey to PEI - Finally got here and even though we were exhausted, we were wowed and so happy to check in because the place was beautiful!! Had a lovely dinner at the restaurant there and the most adorable and fun bartender we ever had! I think her name was Erica, but she was a really good bartender so I may be wrong there if you know what I'm sayin! haha - Anyway, thanks for introducing us to Canadian beer and pointing out some points of interest!! In regard to the actual resort:The grounds are gorgeous, course looks fun (I don't play but my bestie does, and he was happy with the course) beach is relaxing, room was spacious and the beds were amazing....staff was great!! Ahh, what more can I say....We will def be back!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank indonesianprincess13
St. Johns, Newfoundland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was a late change of plans and the normal place I would have booked was sold out. i called a friend and he suggested the Rodd, he also booked it for me. Upone my arrival I was very surprised to find such a place. very, very nice, just wish I had time for a round of golf. the greens looked very well cared for. the check in was a littel confusion but once I was taken directly to the check in counter I was set. the room given to me was a corner room, that was very spacious, clean, and had a great view of the course. Even though the hotel was full the noise level was next to none. (Actually there was a baseball tournement in town). the menu was very appealling and the food was even better. great place to take your family for a weekend.

Room Tip: corner room has a great view and roomie.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Cecil G
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Golf course & views are great! The building & rooms are in major need of an update! The restaurant David's was average & the food overpriced. We dined at several other restaurants on PEI & had better meals for less money. We would play the golf course again but would not return to the resort. We were there for 7 days & stayed in one of the 1 bedroom cottages

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Dennis M
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
We do have a upgrade plan in place for our cottages in the off season and are certainly taking your comments regarding our food and pricing seriously in our planning and preparation for next year.
your comments are important to us and we will learn by them
our thanks
Jim
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Entering into the lobby for the first time took my breath away. The view, the stature of the building and the gloriously high ceilings were beautiful. We checked into our room with a beautiful balcony overlooking the golf course and the ocean. The room was clean and very spacious. We had dinner in the dining room. The service was the best we've ever had and the meal was delicious. I would recommend this as the number one resort on this Island.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tarah D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was the most disapointing way to start my honeymoon. We expected a five star resort and got a regular hotel. The one room cottage was very inviting until you saw the out of date uncomfortable couch we were to cuddle on while we sat in front of the fire, which we could only sit infront of for ten minutes at a time because its less than five feet away from you. While we were curled up on the small uncomfy couch, we listened to the lady in the cottage above us walk around and have a bath in her jacuzzi tub. We went for dinner in the main resort at David's. We were very excited, my husband is a chef and we love going out for a great meal. We should have realized when there was a four foot cutout of the chef greating us as we walked into the restaurant that food was not going to be what we were looking for. We had "panfried" crab cakes that were deep fried to the consitency of hockey pucks. Our mussels were over cooked and dried out thank god my husband fought for some melted butter. Then our main courses arrived a half an hour later, my husbands steak was over cooked and so was my pork, infact there was no moisture left in my pork thank goodness it was served with some sort of burnt maple reduction. So this morning we thought we try our luck at room service hoping that breakfast would be a better meal. It wasn't it was even worse than our evening meal. They arrived with wonderbread, hashbrowned that weren't on the menu and looked like they were deep fried yesterday and then again this morning and if that wasn't enough they deep fried our sausages. They were soooo disgusting all wrinkly and tasting of everything but a sausage while dripping with grease. The meals cost us close to $200 dollars and I have had better food in any diner I have been too, these meals weren't worth $5. Very disapointing. However it is a beautiful location.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank LindzG13
jimgertridge, General Manager at Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
I have sent an email directly to you and hope you do contact me so we can discuss this further

Jim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
The Holman Grand Hotel
Rodd Charlottetown
Rodd Charlottetown
#7 of 23 in Charlottetown
Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott

Been to Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!