Cavendish Gateway Resort
  • Pool
Silverwood Motel(Cavendish)
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room was clean/quiet/a little musty and affordable.
The $4.99 breakfast was great.
The pool was reasonably well kept.
The hotel was a little out of the way as we had to drive for everything...only 5 miles or so.
The septic system is close by but the summer winds were keeping the smell away in the opposite direction.
Someone needs to put some thought/money and marketing into the property to get my vote to a 4.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway(150 yards west) should be brighter in the evening and no doubt more airy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I arrived for 2 nights. I travel all over Atlantic Canada for business, and I have never seen a place like this! I arrived late, and couldn't find the reception, it was so dark and the signs were hard to see. When I checked in iwas told Mr Kim had upgraded my room, when I stated I had forgotten to enter my discount code online when reserving my room, she became very flustered, and told me Mr. Kim would not allow me to stay on the first floor if I had a discount (?) I was hungy and tired and didn't understand so I didn't push that any further. The hotel and room was very clean, but the room had a very strong foul odor. With the door opened it seemed better. The front desk staff were wearing scrubs, like what my vet assistant wears, and were seemed to be doing double duty with folding towels and cleaning. This is high season, and most other places in the area had no vacancy signs, but here my car was one of four in the lot this evening. It's like a ghost town, very horror movie! All the lights were turned off on the hallways (day and night) where I'm guessing nobody was staying, and the pool was locked up and I couldn't find anybody to ask about that. It was a neat property, and I could see potential, but it was creepy, and unusual, and I don't think I will return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank mrskruz
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is no means a five star accomadation....its on par with any other hotel, motel or cottage in the area. The difference is that the owner seems to be really on top of customer service. We bought a family pkg (room, attractions and even a pinic lunch) and he was continually making sure everthing was t oour satisfaction. I really appreciate this and so did my family.

Also, you are only 10 minutes from the beach.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette and bring goggles for the pool....lots of chemicals.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a great difference from the usual hotel. It is very clean and there were no sign of any bugs! It is close to everything in Cavendish and looks out on rolling countrysides! Staff are very accomodating and I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather D
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I am reading the reviews on here about the hotel and my primary question is -- Why hasn't anyone mentionned the bug infestation? I never write reviews on sites like these but now I see how important it is to share experiences like mine. I have learned by my mistake and will be reading reviews before booking a weekend getaway like ours that was ruin because of this bug infestation, which I thought was in our room only since we were the only one complaining. We notified the front desk of our situation. The clerk working night shift was very considerate and came to check our room, when he saw the 6 bugs( looked like earwigs--not positive about the bug but all the same) crushed on the floor in less than 30 minutes from arriving at our room, he offered us a second room completely on the other wing of the hotel. I agreed to check it out first and as I thought there were bugs crawling up the walls. He saw them as well!! He then offered me an other room on the second floor...while we were trying to figure out something I started looking around the lobby and we could see them crawling up the walls, on the laudry basket, even on the side door of the front desk. If the condition of our room is like this can you imagine the kitchen were they prepare our breakfast and picnik lunch that we were getting with our package. We wanted out! Being in the middle of the night we couldn't find another hotel so we had to cancel our vacation and drive back home (4and a half hour drive) at 1:00 am. Not what I had plan!!! Very bad experience, vacation ruined !!! Still trying to get reimbursed for our 520$ getaway charged on my credit card. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: July 2012