“PERFECT PEI HOSPITALITY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rustico
White Sands Motorcourt
Whitby, Canada
“PERFECT PEI HOSPITALITY”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Central location close to all attractions,super friendly staff that went out of their way to ensure a great holiday.The staff helped us arrange siteseening,claming,deep sea fishing c/w recomendations to the most affordable dinning establishments all at no cost.Clean, comfortable cabins with modern appliances.Quiet at night -no noise issues at all.A perfect central jump off point for day trips or lounge by the pool.The owner took the time to ferry our group to town in his micro bus for a fantastic lobster dinner,this alowed us to partake of some local beverages and not have to worry about driving.To me this defines Hospitality.We didn't turn on the tv so I can't comment on the channels available but then we didn't fly to PEI to watch TV.Great stay,it's not the Hilton but a clean family run cottage/campground.If you need valet parking thia is not for you

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank George181734

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2011

If you're looking to get away, White Sands in PEI is the place to be. In September of 2009, we drove from Sarnia, Ontario to Prince Edward Island. We found White Sands online and chose to stay there for 4 days. I am so glad we chose that location because it was absolutely beautiful there. We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to drive back the following September to elope on MacNeill's Brook (5 or so minutes away from White Sands, just off the Gulfshore Parkway). We chose to stay again in one of their cottages, which was very, very clean and filled with all the amentities in which we needed. We also enjoyed having our own deck with a BBQ, not to mention the awesome inground heated pool across from our cottage. White Sands is located in such a great spot, it's close to so many beautiful beaches and look-outs, and is very close to Cavendish. The staff and cleaning crew were so friendly and hard working. Chris, the owner of White Sands, is such a kind and generous man. He heard we were there to elope on the nearby beach and offered to drive us there in his White Sands Tour bus. Not only did Chris drive us to the beach on our wedding day, he also agreed to be one of our witnesses and also took the role of our photographer. He had his cleaning crew (super great gals) come along and take pictures for us as well. If that wasn't enough, after our ceremony he drove all of us into North Rustico for ice cream!! White Sands is the absolute best place to visit because the owner, staff and crew are super nice, friendly and hard working. In all honesty, it's the best place I've ever been!!
In closing, I'd have to say that the only down side that we experienced was having to leave and drive back home. My husband and I truly recommend anyone and everyone to visit White Sands in Prince Edward Island, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahCassidy
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed in this campground and resort in August of last year. We were treated with friendliness and warmth. The owner helped us out booking fishing and golfing. The grounds were so clean and a beautiful swimming pool, we loved our stay and will recommend it to our friends in the Toronto area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank scoundrel9999
Moncton
Reviewed 5 March 2011

White Sands cottages in North Rustico is one of those places that offer vacation that we could afford.
No bells and whistles there but you get a clean place to sleep and prepare meal for your family.
There were no noisy parties at night. Kids could sleep and woke up rested in the morning.
This was out second stay. Cleaning ladies and Tanya at the front desk were so friendly. Maintenance man picked garbage every morning, like a clockwork. Our neighbors have left food on their deck overnight so skunk made its way to it. It’s in the National park so we understand that there are wild animals there. No bears though like back home.
Pool is so clean and water warm, really kids just loved it. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2011

hate to leave bad reviews...I really do, but I'm going to be honest here. We booked a long weekend for our first vacation together (my partner and I) and we were kind of disappointed. I'll list some pros and cons...
Pros
Cottage was very spacious (we had a 1 bedroom cottage)
Area was quiet
Lots of nature
Other guests were friendly
Great location
Nice pool
Dishes and cooking utensils were provided

Cons
We had to go to charlottetown to buy pillows as the ones provided were very flat and only 1 per person and my back was bothering me.
The shower was a tiny stall which had been painted over so while you were showering little pieces of painted would peel off and land on you and in your hair. Also, there was no shelf to set your shampoo on so you had to put it outside the shower.
We were given one roll of toilet paper and told that if we needed more we would have to PURCHASE it from the lobby (We were there for 5 days and 4 nights!!!)
We only received 5 channels on the "satellite tv" provided
We couldn't even hook up our dvd player to watch movies as the outputs were blocked. And pay per view movies at this time were not available, so no movies for us.
Free wifi had been advertised but upon arrival we were told that it only worked in the lobby and we would not be able to receive the signal from our cottage
There were a lot of insects in our cottage, and not just mousquitos. Lots of ants and beetles too.

Just in general what was advertised was not what I feel we received. And there was no option for a refund on any of the nights we booked, so the option of leaving and finding a more comfortable accomodation was not available, which I understand as last minute cancellations can be really hard on seasonal businesses. We had really looked forward to this vacation and were kind of let down.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rustico hotels

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Upon arrival, we enquired about extra towels as there were going to be five of us in a cabin. We were informed that no extra towels would be provided and that once all towels in the cabin were used, it was up to us to wash them at our expense in the laudromat.....I've never ever had to launder my towels before. If I wanted to do laudry on vacation, I'd stay home.
The add boasts satellite TV....we had five chanels in all two of which were showing the same programs!
On our first night, skunks were roaming the park. At one point, I attempted to go outside on the deck but was informed by a passing gentleman that there were three skunks in the trash can right by the door. I was stuck in the cottage for more than an hour. I could not get out and others could not get in. When I tried to call the number posted at the front office for help (staff had gone home for the night) all I got was a recording. The skunks were a nuissance ALL WEEKEND and not just a night. They were foraging in the garbage even during the day. We were not able to enjoy the deck and play areas for fear of getting sprayed. We were advised by the staff that they had "sprayed" the parc with repellent but it did not work. We were informed by other guests that there were also skunk problems on previous stays. SERIOUSLY, they need to invest in pest control!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
ontario
Reviewed 22 March 2008

perfect PEI vacation for our family of five. Great for kids. golfing close by and good food in North Rustico. We recommend this place eny time.

• Liked — clean cottages and grounds, nice warm pool, friendly owners and staff, WIFI
  • Disliked — Limited satelite channels, quiet time at 11pm,
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank aleksiao
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustico
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
North Rustico Motel Cottages & Inn
Cavendish Maples Cottages
Cavendish Maples Cottages
#1 of 22 in Cavendish

Been to White Sands Motorcourt? Share your experiences!