“Has seen better days”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rustico
White Sands Motorcourt
Fredericton, Canada
“Has seen better days”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

hate to leave bad reviews...I really do, but I'm going to be honest here. We booked a long weekend for our first vacation together (my partner and I) and we were kind of disappointed. I'll list some pros and cons...
Pros
Cottage was very spacious (we had a 1 bedroom cottage)
Area was quiet
Lots of nature
Other guests were friendly
Great location
Nice pool
Dishes and cooking utensils were provided

Cons
We had to go to charlottetown to buy pillows as the ones provided were very flat and only 1 per person and my back was bothering me.
The shower was a tiny stall which had been painted over so while you were showering little pieces of painted would peel off and land on you and in your hair. Also, there was no shelf to set your shampoo on so you had to put it outside the shower.
We were given one roll of toilet paper and told that if we needed more we would have to PURCHASE it from the lobby (We were there for 5 days and 4 nights!!!)
We only received 5 channels on the "satellite tv" provided
We couldn't even hook up our dvd player to watch movies as the outputs were blocked. And pay per view movies at this time were not available, so no movies for us.
Free wifi had been advertised but upon arrival we were told that it only worked in the lobby and we would not be able to receive the signal from our cottage
There were a lot of insects in our cottage, and not just mousquitos. Lots of ants and beetles too.

Just in general what was advertised was not what I feel we received. And there was no option for a refund on any of the nights we booked, so the option of leaving and finding a more comfortable accomodation was not available, which I understand as last minute cancellations can be really hard on seasonal businesses. We had really looked forward to this vacation and were kind of let down.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Upon arrival, we enquired about extra towels as there were going to be five of us in a cabin. We were informed that no extra towels would be provided and that once all towels in the cabin were used, it was up to us to wash them at our expense in the laudromat.....I've never ever had to launder my towels before. If I wanted to do laudry on vacation, I'd stay home.
The add boasts satellite TV....we had five chanels in all two of which were showing the same programs!
On our first night, skunks were roaming the park. At one point, I attempted to go outside on the deck but was informed by a passing gentleman that there were three skunks in the trash can right by the door. I was stuck in the cottage for more than an hour. I could not get out and others could not get in. When I tried to call the number posted at the front office for help (staff had gone home for the night) all I got was a recording. The skunks were a nuissance ALL WEEKEND and not just a night. They were foraging in the garbage even during the day. We were not able to enjoy the deck and play areas for fear of getting sprayed. We were advised by the staff that they had "sprayed" the parc with repellent but it did not work. We were informed by other guests that there were also skunk problems on previous stays. SERIOUSLY, they need to invest in pest control!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Rustico hotels

ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2008

perfect PEI vacation for our family of five. Great for kids. golfing close by and good food in North Rustico. We recommend this place eny time.

• Liked — clean cottages and grounds, nice warm pool, friendly owners and staff, WIFI
  • Disliked — Limited satelite channels, quiet time at 11pm,
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank aleksiao
Dartmouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2007

This review is not so much about the place but the owner. They messed up our reservation and couldnt care a less how it inconvienienced my family. They misplaced our reservation and pretty much said that there was nothing they could do and we were on our own to find a new place to stay. He attempted to take a half hour to check around for us and in the end came up with 2 places. One was like a flea bag in that didnt even meet our sleeping requirements for 6 people and the other was 80.00 more a night. We had no option but to pay more, my 88 year old grandfather couldnt stay in the first place he gave us. I am sure he just drove around looking for vacancy signs instead of checking the places out personally. So if you are ever considering staying there make sure you call the day before beause if you get there and they dont have your reservation it could be a very costly trip and the owner will not care what so ever.And he will try to blame everyone else for the mess.

• Disliked — The owner
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Capeturner, Manager at White Sands Motorcourt, responded to this review, 27 May 2008
This is not quite the way it went.
On that day our Resort was booked solid and there was no vacancies.
Family have arrived and told receptionist that they have a reservation at our Resort.
This family did not have a confirmation number nor they had paid any money to us.
That spring the reservation system, provided to us by Tourism PEI, went down. We were advised about the reservation problems this could have caused. We were also advised that the company called Slumberland would fix this potential problem; This Company is the reservation system provider for Tourism PEI.
In addition, we were told there would be no need for us to do anything and that all necessary corrections were handled and done by Slumberland reservation system people.
I felt bad for this family when I was informed about this issue. On my day off, I have gone around to find the cottage for them. After driving for two hours from cottage to cottage,
I have found vacancies for them in two different cottage rental places. Unfortunately this family did not like neither price nor the cottage. I felt I have have gone out of my way to accommodate and find the alternative lodging for them. Even though there was no confirmation number, they could provide us with nor there was a deposit paid to us for reservation. Upon this people refusing the offers of accommodation. Complementary stay at our resort for the next season was offered. Since there was no transaction that took place this was the best we could do at the time.
Therefore we feel this is unfair slender of the very reputable business and the owners name.
Sincerely.
White Sands Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustico
Brackley Beach North Winds
Silverwood Motel
Silverwood Motel
#3 of 8 in Cavendish
North Rustico Motel Cottages & Inn

Been to White Sands Motorcourt? Share your experiences!