“Warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orient Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
The Orient Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Victoria B&B and Inns
Amherst, MA
“Warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We visited the Orient Hotel in mid-September and we were delighted with the warm welcome we received from Wendy & Richard. The accommodations were quite comfortable and the common space is very attractively decorated. We had a great breakfast the next morning in the Tea Room. We found many interesting things to do strolling through the very small town of Victoria which included a home made chocolate store, a gourmet meal at the Landmark, and visiting with many artisans in their home studios. We even went to a one woman play at the historic Victoria Playhouse. All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amherstnotes

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

As an Englishman.....if you want to experience to "pomp" of afternoon tea...Mrs Profitts Tea Room is the place to go
Great fun..a little expensive...but well worth it
Dont think that the little plate is not enough...it is......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard G
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed at the Orient Hotel for 3 nights in July of this year. Richard and Wendy are marvelous hosts and were very helpful with any information that we required. The location is excellent, and it's an easy walk to everything in the village. The whole town is charming and everyone is very friendly.

Our room was on the third floor and consisted of a bedroom sitting area and enormous bathroom. PEI was in the middle of a heat wave with record breaking temperatures all over the island and there was no air conditioning in our room. However, we found that we were quite comfortable with the windows wide open all night and we were not bothered by any nighttime noise at all.

Breakfast each day was excellent - a choice of muffin or quickbread, cereal and a hot and original egg dish, along with juice, coffee or tea.

The location of the town is not far from the bridge, on the south side of the island and is right on the scenic south shore drive that takes you all the way into Charlottetown. We really enjoyed our stay and when we go back we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PamTToronto
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Orient Inn in July of this year. This was our first time ever to P.E.I. and we were pleasantly surprised at the quaint village and ambience of Victoria by the Sea. We couldn't get over how quiet this little village is with no traffic at all. You can walk to everything from the Orient Inn as it is situated at the end of one of the small main streets.

The Inn is very clean and decorated nicely. A bit of an oriental theme is noted in the livingroom. The bedroom we had at first was called the garden room on the second floor. It was a bit small but nice. I had wished for a small desk or table to set my laptop on as I had to place my laptop on a chair and I sat on the floor to do my emailing.

We came back to the Orient Inn later that week for one more night and stayed in a suite on the third floor this time. It was lovely - had a beach theme with soft blue and white colours. It was a bit on the expensive side though. The bathroom was huge.

Bathroom was very small in the Garden Room but clean. It had the tiniest sink I've ever seen. Breakfasts were held in the "Tea Room" which was decorated nicely with small tables. Food was adequate and good but not plentiful. I would suggest that they play soft music during breakfast. I found it rather awkward and conversation stilted because of the silence. They definitely need to provide some background music.

This was a great location from which to explore PEI. Victoria by the Sea is a charming little village situated right on the water where you can watch the amazing tides come and go. There are small shops and two fine dining restaurants as well as a playhouse theatre. There is also a more casual restaurant on the wharf which serves delicious food. Even though the village is tiny, we were impressed with the facilities that were found here. There is also an antique shop in a barn one street over which had some lovely pieces.

My husband and I both noted the lack of birds and wildlife and nightly creature noises. It was uncannily quiet at night with no crickets, no nothing. There were hardly any birds either. For being right on the water, we saw very few seabirds such as seagulls, sandpipers, etc. We found this very strange and concerning.

We also enjoyed taking some down time to sit on their front porch. All in all, we would go back. We found the hosts to be very friendly and nice.

Room Tip: We usually ask to be put in a room away from a busy street.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shar0nOntari0
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

My partner and I spent 5 delightful days here in August. We used Victoria and the Orient Hotel as our home base for exploring the island. I would highly recommend that anyone visiting PEI should do the same, as we're sure we've found the most charming town and the best B&B on the island.
We couldn't have asked for better accommodations. The room was cozy, clean and extremely comfortable. Our hosts, Wendy and Richard, made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. Breakfast was delightful, as we were provided with a different main dish every morning. The Orient has a lovely screened in porch, a really comfortable sitting room and a back yard with one of the loveliest views on the island.
My partner and I have done a lot of travelling, and we both consider the Orient Hotel to be among the best accommodations we've had.
Thank you, Wendy and Richard!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mario D
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

This hotel is one of two in Victoria-by-the-Sea.

We thought it was of great value to have a CLEAN suite with two bedrooms, bathroom and a little visiting room with a sofa, fridge and telly plus breakfast all for 160 a night.

The decor is a bit quirky but it was spotless, smelled clean and the people who own it were very welcoming and kept the property immaculate.

We would have stayed longer had we the chance.

The hotel is centrally located minutes from the beach in a super-quaint village complete with two pubs, lovely gift shops, bakeries, art studios and of course the lovely bay of red sand.

Absolutely captivating!

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Alla-Rustica
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

By comparison to all of my Inn experiences, this was disappointing. The room was ordinary (tired looking, no view, polyester sheets) but more expensive that other, beautifully appointed Inns on the island. Breakfast was menial at best. The hostess introduced the main dish as "a crustless quiche". This was a small slice of scrambled egg type mixture with nothing added but a strange orange powder on the surface that (I think) was supposed to represent melted cheddar cheese. (I was stunned by the pretense) This was supplemented by cold cereal and a limited quantity of small dense muffins. I've stayed at many B&B Inns over many years. This is the first time I've written a review on any accommodation or service. I do so now because the experience left me feeling (for the first time) like I'd been fleeced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank olivia078
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoria
The Holman Grand Hotel
Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince Edward
Rodd Royalty
Rodd Royalty
#12 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to The Orient Hotel? Share your experiences!