We spent 5 nights at Fairmont Richelieu.
The building is beautiful and the site exceptional, though spoilt by the casino building (and patrons). Great hall and lobby in perfect condition. The architecture and the site explain that I rate "average" instead of "poor".
The staff is very kind but not always efficient : we had a very bad experience of in room breakfast service, and financial compensation does not change the feeling. The service level is unstable : one day, there is turnaround of the room, the other not.
The room was good ("deluxe St Laurent king"), though the St Laurent view was lateral by one window only, the other window with a parking and service area view; the bathroom is a real shame : difficult to find something smaller; this is not in line with the alleged level of the hotel.
WiFi is at 13.95 CAD + taxes but the functioning is unpredictable.
The worse experience is the catering. Buffet breakfast at "le Bellerive" is bland : poor bakeries, queue and noisy crowd; on top, they cannot cook scrambled eggs. The restaurant ("le Saint Laurent" has a kind service but a terrible food; fortunately, we discovered a little local gem (Chez Truchon, one kilometer away) that provided very good food for our last three evenings.
This was a huge disappointment. It is a pity, because the place has a huge potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The entire team of Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu welcomes our guests to experience unique gastronomy, spectacular views and the abundance of activities available in the picturesque region of Charlevoix. Located only an hour and fifteen minute drive from Quebec City, nestled between mountains, forest and the scenic village of La Malbaie, our property, offering 405 rooms and 4 restaurants is the ideal retreat whether you are in need of a peaceful getaway or an active expedition. Our team’s mission is to make you feel at home and we will ensure everything runs smoothly from your arrival to your departure. Winter activities at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu include: snowmobile, dog sledding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, as well as skiing in one of the nearby ski resorts, Le Massif or Mont Grand-Fonds. During the summer season, countless options are also available to you: whale watching, 27-holes world class golf course, mini golf, tennis, outdoor pools, hiking…to name a few! Since we care about the whole family’s well-being, children are invited to enjoy the exciting activities available within our children’s Beluga Club. The possibilities are endless at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, and our concierge will be delighted to assist you with any request you may have concerning the area activities, such as the Astronomical Observatory of Charlevoix, the Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Riviere-Malbaie national park, the trail of flavors and The Baie-Saint-Paul village. Located next to Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu is the Casino de Charlevoix, offering guests the opportunity to test their luck and experience the vibrant nightlife that is waiting right outside our doors. For a perfect afternoon escape, unwind at the Spa du Manoir and treat yourself to one of our signature treatments, complete with a dip in the Jacuzzi or the indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu Hotel La Malbaie
- Fairmont Hotel La Malbaie
- Fairmont La Malbaie
- La Malbaie Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada