“Overnight stay”
Review of Haut Bois Dormant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Notre Dame des Bois
Haut Bois Dormant
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Our friends and us recently stayed overnight at Haut Bois Dormant, as a stop over on our way to Lac-Mégantic, for a next day golf game. We were celebrating one of our friend's 50th Birthday. Julie greeted us with a big smile and proceeded to show us the B & B and our rooms. The rooms were very clean and welcoming. It was a very hot day and there were fans in each of our rooms. We relaxed in their living room while Julie prepared us a 3 course gourmet dinner. She described the complete menu and then began service. On our friend's desert plate, she had written Happy Birthday. Next morning, Julie had to leave early and her husband Pascal serviced us a wonderful breakfast. We plan on making this an annual golf trip with definitely stopping and staying at the Haut Bois Dormant.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms upstairs and one downstairs. So if you have difficulty with stairs, you may want...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aggie57_13
There are newer reviews for Haut Bois Dormant

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Julie and Pascal are great hosts and she is an excellent chef. Be sure to stay for dinner, tasty and reasonable. The beds are comfy and the house is very clean. Lovely garden and a great view of the enormous mountain and national park that lies ten minutes away by car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ankobra
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed in 'Moka' for 1 night and I loved every single minute of my time there. Julie made me feel at home right away and she served mouth watering dinner and breakfast (say 'yes' to the cheese waffle, the applesauce and the homemade maple syrup!).

The B&B was beautifully decorated in a country style with a sun room in the front with chairs and a pile of magazine to read. The mattress was thick and comfortable. The mountain view in my room made waking up a pleasant experience. I can't wait to go back. Winter is supposed to be lovely here in the area.

NOTE: This summer Julie is opening a restaurant so she'll be able to serve food to the public as well as her guests... she just loves to feed people.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Jupacha, Owner at Haut Bois Dormant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Can't wait to see you in winter time! And maybe that this time the northern lights will be au rendez-vous! Always makes me happy to feed people who enjoy food! Hope you have a nice trip back in California!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I've just come back from this b&b and I would definitely go back! Julie is an excellent chef who knows how to spoil her clients...best quality food and a savoury unique menu. The bed was extremely comfortable however, if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room furthest away from the bathroom. This morning, I was the first one up and greeted cheerfully by the hosts whom didn't hesitate to offer me juice or coffee...and set a little atmosphere in the living area with some soft music. Beautiful place...thank you Julie and Pascal.

Lucy Matta

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LucyMatta

Very happy that our food makes you feels good! Always a pleasure to spoil my guests with good produces from the area. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Very few places can make you feel at home as much as a visit at Haut Bois Dormant. Julie and Pascal (and Charlie, their witty daughter) are amazing hosts, and are extremely talented in the kitchen. Trust their recommendations of what to do in the area. They are true ambassadors to the region. Bring good bottles of wine because the food deserves it. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Benoit H
Jupacha, Owner at Haut Bois Dormant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at home! We are very happy that our home makes you feels like yours! As I usually said it's the best thing you can say, I reach my goal! Can't wait to spoil you again with good food... and I know you will not forget your good bottles! Au plaisir!

Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here on our way to Montréal. The inn is very cozy and we were made to feel right at home. We didn't know if we would arrive in time for Julie to cook us dinner (which, after the breakfast we had the next day, I'm very sorry we missed) so she allowed us to use her kitchen to prepare a quick dinner with some groceries we brought along. Our room, "Moka", was lovely and the bed was very comfortable, and we had a great view of Mont Mégantic. Julie was a superb hostess, answering all of our (many) questions and giving us good advice on places to visit / eat in Montréal and Québec. We would stay here again in a heartbeat if we were in the area. Je vous remercie beaucoup pour un séjour très agréable!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank busytraveler7270

Better later than never! I remember you on your way to Montreal, stopping by and I'm very happy that you spend good time at home! Never know, if you have another Salon du Livre, our door will always be open to you!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and I can't recommend it enough. Julie is a great host and really makes you feel at home. Our 2 yr old loved her!

The house is wonderful. And the bedrooms very comfortable. It was great to have the use of a downstairs living room and outside deck area while our son was sleeping upstairs.

I leapt out of bed every morning to see what treat Julie had made for breakfast. Always fresh, always home cooked, and homegrown as much as possible. Fantastic.

Don't forget to book dinner with your stay. One of the best meals I've had in a really long time. Again, all freshly prepared and homemade. Everything was so well thought out and in such a relaxing atmosphere. Very high quality. Amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SamanthaMoir
Jupacha, Owner at Haut Bois Dormant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you to all your family Sam! I'm really happy that you enjoy your stay at home! Hope you have a great trip across America! May be we will go to Scotland... I wish I go there, I let you know!
Take care! Special bonjour to Elliot!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Notre Dame des Bois
#1 of 1 in Lac-Megantic
Les Trois Etangs
Les Trois Etangs
#2 of 2 in La Patrie

Been to Haut Bois Dormant? Share your experiences!