“Your stay is worth the trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Notre Dame des Bois
Au Vaillantbourg B&B
Boisbriand
“Your stay is worth the trip”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We first wanted to visit Mont Megantic`s Dark Sky Festival to please one of our friends. We found Vaillantbourg knowing it was a "Gite gourmand". Our hosts, Melanie and François were welcoming, the food was beyond what we expected, the service was excellent, we had everything we could need, not to mention the breathtaking beautiful views of the mountains and valleys from the large deck. We would love to go back and would recommend this warm and friendly bed and breakfast to people who appreciate and respect the good in life. I also appreciate that the owners welcomed and treated all their guests equally with respect and spoke French and English.

Room Tip: Excellent food
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DLavoie
chefmimi_12, Owner at Au Vaillantbourg B&B, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
We are so glad to know that you and your friends had a great time in our house. To hear that kind of comments from our customers gives us the energy to continue for a long time again. Thank you for having visit us. It was great to have you at home. Please come back again. Every season is charming around Mont-Mégantic.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B for 4 wonderfully relaxing nights on a long road trip from Toronto. Mélanie and François could not have been more inviting hosts. We were met every morning with the surprise of a delicious, wholesome and beautifully prepare breakfast. The dinners are of equal quality. The B&B is spotlessly clean and comfortable, and the views from the terrace are amazingly restorative. We wouldn't think twice about staying here again on any trip to the Eastern Townships.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
chefmimi_12, Owner at Au Vaillantbourg B&B, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
We are so much blessed to have the chance of being hosts for thankful people like you. Your smiles in the morning, you hapiness and your recognition are what make our work so fun. We wish that we will be there to help you having great vacation in our region for many years again.
New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just this past weekend, I stayed at this lovely B & B so I could attend the Astronomy Super Festival at the Mont Megantic Observatory. I had picked it off the list of accommodations posted on the Astrolab's website and I am so pleased with my choice. I was a little apprehensive because I was traveling alone and because I have had limited experience with B & B's (some bad, unfortunately). As it turned out though, Mélanie and François (my hosts), were so warm and gracious that I soon felt right at home. My room, the Rose Suite, was perfect! I'm sort of a clean freak and so I was relieved to see the immaculate condition of my accommodations. It had a private bath with shower but what I loved the most was the private enclosed porch which included a comfy couch and even a hammock. I had a view of the village and, in particular, a lovely fountain directly across the street. It was so peaceful and quiet during my stay, I fell asleep both nights to the sound of the fountain through the open window. Breakfast (which I enjoyed very much) was served out on the back deck with a breathtaking view of Mont Megantic. Below us there was a small chicken coop where I assume they gathered fresh eggs for our meal and a greenhouse where (again, I assume) they keep the fresh herbs they used in our omelets. I also noticed an area in the garden with chairs and a fire pit that look like a nice spot to enjoy the evening (I didn't get to experience it due to being at the observatory in the evenings). I also didn't get a chance to enjoy dinner with them as I was at the observatory before dinnertime. I did grab a quick sandwich and a brownie at the bakery just a few doors down. You must try the pecan caramel brownie if you go!. A small bank is directly across from the bakery and a general store next to that so everything I needed was just a few steps away. I was also only a five minute drive from the Astrolab and Observatory which was great because I did not relish a long drive in the dead of night when leaving the observatory after stargazing. My hosts provided me with lots of information about the area and I was impressed with their knowledge about the International Dark Sky Reserve that encompassed not only Mont Megantic but the surrounding area, including the village. I can't say enough good things about my weekend at Au Vaillantbourg. As someone who is not completely familiar with B & B's, I'm sure I made a few faux pas (like forgetting the ice pack for my cooler when I left) but I never felt uncomfortable or unwelcome (unlike a few of my past vacation experiences with B&Bs in Nantucket). Mélanie and François made my visit to Canada so very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CAustralis
chefmimi_12, Owner at Au Vaillantbourg B&B, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you April for these nice comments about your stay. We did really enjoy your visit. Next time you come, I would really like to treat you with a delicious dinner. The eggs and fine herbs in your plate were from our chicks and green house, you assumed correctly We are looking forward to see you again. Mélanie et François
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Don’t be fooled by an alluring website. A delicious menu magically transforms into a simplistic single choice of low-cost food served with poor skill by a uninterested man. The clueless owner/chef has a very high esteem of herself and is simply unaware. Must be seated with the other guests for diner at 17h45. Owner’s child running around. The room was clean, charming and comfortable; beautiful bathroom with good quality soap and towels. Service was between minimal and non-existent. Cheap coffee in the morning. Cash only or Paypal. Not a repeat. If you enjoy gastronomy, do yourself a favor, save your time and money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Lac-Megantic
Domaine des Montagnais
Domaine des Montagnais
#2 of 3 in Val-Racine

Been to Au Vaillantbourg B&B? Share your experiences!