“Very disappointed, poor customer service skills”
Review of OrcaSound Hotel

OrcaSound Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rigaud
Paris, France
“Very disappointed, poor customer service skills”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is more of a warning than a review, as we didn't end up staying here in the end.

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for me, he had booked a room with a jacuzzi and this is where it all started to go wrong.....
Despite booking directly with the hotel, so they had all his contact details, when he checked in (I was instructed to wait in the car) he was given the keys to the room (nothing about the room was said to him by the lady at reception at this point). He for some reason checked the type of room it was and told that it was a king room, which wasn't what he had booked and when he asked about why we were not allocated the room we booked, he was told it was because they had over booked that room type. No real apology, just a small discount on the king room was offered, he then came out to talk with me.
I have worked and ran reception areas and this is not how you deal with an over booking situation.
At no point had the hotel tried to contact us and tell us that there was a problem with our booking, which they should of done as soon as they could not find us another room of the same type and price in the area, which they also didn't do until I went in to complain. It was only then we were given an apology as well.
We asked for a refund and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison H
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I remember you very well!!!!
We did try to contact you and so did the travel agency that booked you and on the contrary from what you say I did try very hard to relocate you and I was extremely regretful that I did not have the Jacuzzi room for you and if your husband told you I did apologize in fact several times and apologized to you when you came in and not because of any other reason that I felt bad for you and further more that is no reason for the bad customer service remark we do our best to satisfy all guest that come in to our hotel .......No matter what .There is no need to exaggerate when you place a review I know exactly what was said and of what the outcome was.
I could have charged you for the room even if you did not stay but I didn't I could have not cared at all but I did I made several phone calls for you at other hotels but I guess you forgot to mention all of this in the review?????
Denise GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is by far the most unclean, most repulsive hotel I've ever stayed in. The room are unclean, wires running around the floor and electric cords scattered everywhere. The exterior of the hotel looks appealing - but not worth a peny. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brandon B
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I can't imagine that that's what you think of our hotel I run a very clean place and have never had such terrible comments .I would love to speak with you about your harsh comments ,we have no wires or cords running around the rooms and are very clean I'm shocked by your comments!!!!!!!
Denise GM

Travellers are raving about these Rigaud hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Terrible experience. The man at the front desk was full of attitude. The place smells like mothballs. Nothing has been updated for 40 years it seems. No A/C and bad ventilation. Walls are so thin that you can hear EVERYTHING in the corridors and adjoining rooms (ie Vacuum at 7AM, people talking in other rooms). Rooms so small that you have barely enough room to walk around the bed. The bedding sucked.You need to pay for the room upfront... they must know that you wouldn't want to pay after having spent the night.

In hindsight, I would have rather slept in my car than in their room.

Room Tip: Here's a tip. Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex L
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Alex
I appreciate your review but I must say somewhat exaggerated .
We have never used mothballs and have never done any vacuuming before 9:30 am that's when our housekeepers start ,the young man at the front desk is far from rude and noise happens in every hotel by the way the hotel is 12 years old ,you may not agree with the décor either so I think maybe you where really tired and impatient and took things the wrong way but then again who am I to judge (still something to consider)No one forces you to pay on check in you could have paid on check out and if you weren't satisfied why? didn't you say something!!!!
I'm sorry your stay wasn't to your standards of comfort.
Denise D GM
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We went there because of the jacuzzi which was fine but there was a horrible bed that gave both of us a backache. The water was cold in the bathroom sink. There was hairs on my pillow.
The room was cool at best and barren. Some of the electric plugs didn't work so we played musical plugs.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo O
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your review and do wish you would give us a second chance to make it up to you.
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in Rigaud on Dec 29th and 30th. The hallways were so cold that a coat was needed. We did bring it to the staff's attention but they did not seem to be able to do anything about it. In our hotel room, as was the case with our friends room, the thermostat was blocked by some kind of mechanism to stop at 20c even though the dial showed it could have gone much higher. The room didn't get very warm , and the cold hallway temperature and the cold felt through the large window in our room made heat challenging.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is the first time I encounter a thermostat rigged to limit temperature to 20 c. A bit of a shock to say the least. When I pay for a room, I assume that it comes with the option to determine what temperature brings me the comfort I seek.

We asked for a room with a queen bed. The room was clean but too small for us both to be walking in it without stepping over each other. I have stayed in hotels within this chain before and the quality and size of rooms was of a higher quality than at that this location.
The hotel staff on the 29th was great very attentive to our needs and the continental breakfast though basic was fine. However, we looked for the hotel desk staff person from 9:00 - 10:15am on the 30th because when we went for breakfast, the continental breakfast area was out of coffee and out of hot water. We trust the staff person was busy somewhere, but there was no one at the front desk.

Room Tip: Even if you are sharing a bed, ask for a room with 2 beds to get a room you can walk around in. Bri...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sylvie L
I'm glad you brought this to my attention,we had just purchased this hotel just before your stay and another guest mentioned about the thermostats and we had them verified and repaired I'm very sorry you had a bad and cold stay we will make this up to you if ever you return front desk clerk should have been at the front desk to help you out and coffee should have been made for you again I apologize these are things that should not happen.As manager I can't be at the hotel 24/7 but I appreciate guest that send reviews so I can on my end correct what's wrong and make sure this doesn't happen again.
I sincerely thank you for this information and taking the time to write a review.
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed there for a few days well working in the area.
The restraint was closed, for a 10 year old hotel the place up keep hasn’t been good. The rooms are cold, the thermostats have been rigged so you can’t turn the heat up past 18 degrees. I thought I would take a hot shower yah right the hot water is barely warm and runs out quickly.
Trucks pull in the yard behind the hotel and idle there engines all night,
I’m sure the GM will spend his time on hear typing a rebuttal rather than addressing the serious issues with the facility.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
MISS-KITTY67, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
I thank you for your comments and all issues you have brought up have been solved,we are new owners and where unaware of these problems and we do appreciate you taking the time to write a review,I thought that the word sh was a bit much but thats ok because you really captured my attention.
Thanks again and we do apologise for the inconvenience
Denise D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rigaud
Hotel Capri
Hotel Capri
#1 of 3 in Rigaud
Chateau Vaudreuil
Chateau Vaudreuil
#2 of 9 in Vaudreuil-Dorion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaudreuil-Dorion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vau...
#1 of 9 in Vaudreuil-Dorion
Auberge des Gallant
Auberge des Gallant
#1 of 1 in Sainte-Marthe
Le Hudson Inn
Le Hudson Inn
#3 of 3 in Rigaud
Auberge Du Mont Rigaud

Been to OrcaSound Hotel? Share your experiences!