Just got back from this hotel a few days ago…
Unfortunately the week we were there the weather did not co-operate with us and we had rain and cold for 4 days… And at this particular resort there is not much to do if bad weather… So we jumped in our vehicle and made our way out to Montreal and Saint-Jorome which was excellent and only 30 minutes from resort…
Other than bad weather room was nice but could have been cleaner… Very dark décor and a few light bulbs needed replacing.
The worst part was at 8pm resort was deserted with no family activities at all. There was something of a movie night which we were quickly disappointed with. I had approached the older front lady clerk about the show when she replied said had “NO IDEA” so when we arrived there this movie was at least 15 years old and not family appropriate at all… Also not 1 person had shown up for this movie… So we again disappointed, went back to our room and were asleep by 9:30pm… The next morning I asked a very nice young girl at the front desk about the movie, she stated its been the same one for a long time and there really is no interest in that show at all??? LOL!!! Who would have thought to update that???
So from a family perspective which most of the visitors being families with young children…
1.A kid friendly movie night would be a plus to have so parents and children have something to do in the evening
2.A children’s club should be ran nightly and some updates to the resort in the entertainment area would also be a good thing.
3. The indoor pool needs more attention (Cleanliness)
On the plus side tennis was great there is mini golf on site and there was a lot of updating of landscaping going on there as well. Not a bad place but not a Wyndham Standard resort…
Not 100% if we will be returning or not. It’ll be a while for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St-Hippolyte’s Auberge du Lac Morency is nestled in a charming location in the heart of the Laurentians, just 50 minutes north of Montreal. Built in 1934 and completely renovated, this warm and inviting Inn is the soul of an international holiday resort.At the beginning of the 90s, 4 rooms had already been added to the 10 original, and since 2001, 26 new luxurious units have been built.Our Restaurant:The Auberge du Lac Morency’s restaurant staff is composed of gastronomy lovers… they appreciate textures, aromas and flavors.Both kitchen and dining room employees are proud to be able to allow our guests to live wonderful moments. Everything is taken into consideration in order to attain a high level of excellence that our clientele will no doubt appreciate.For example, our Director wanted to offer smoked meats and fish… a smoker was thus built which allows our chef to express his originality. Your visit to the Auberge du Lac Morency wouldn’t be complete without having tasted our smoked salmon! Why not try it with a glass of white wine chosen from the hundreds of choices present on our wine card.Early on Sunday mornings, at the chez Hippolyte restaurant, our entire team prepares to serve our delicious brunch. Brioches, croissants, fine cheeses, fruits, salads and cooked meats are on the menu and will make both young and old wish they could eat more.Our table d’hôte is changed regularly, usually as the seasons themselves do. Our chef chooses lighter foods for the warmer seasons and richer ingredients in the winter.Our Spa:We offer Swedish and hot volcanic rock massages. Esthetic and body wrap treatments are also available.Offer yourself this precious gift and you will find balance between your body and soul.Hope to see you all in the laurentians! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auberge du Lac Morency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Lac Morency Hotel Saint Hippolyte
- Auberge Du Lac Morency Saint Hippolyte, Quebec, Canada