We are Wyndham owners and booked here, as we wanted to visit Quebec Province and liked the idea of staying outside of a City. We had a one bedroom deluxe on the first floor in Building E. We had a one level unit with a/c. We only stayed 3 days and quite frankly did not make use of many of the amenities. We did go down to the lake side and enjoyed meeting several families with children who were enjoying the pool, ping pong, miniature golf, tennis, pedal boats, etc. We saw all ages using the kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, pedal boats, swimming, and around the fire pit. All of these amenities were free of charge. We also enjoyed being up in a high building and sitting on the chairs they have placed to overlook the lake.
The best part of the resort is the staff... Very very friendly, efficient, welcoming, and spoke excellent English willingly to us. Our brand new coffee maker did not work properly and a man came with a new one in 5 minutes! Note: everything else was functioning.
The unit was satisfactory, albeit a little cabin like compared to most Wyndham properties. It does not have the nicer bedding, kitchen appliances, etc. , but we did not care. The kitchen, while small, was fully stocked (with one exception...no cereal bowls). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large (although the shower was interesting to get the water temp to desired and not spray the whole bathroom). There is a separate jetted tub in the bedroom. The living area had a comfortable couch and chair. Wifi was free and relatively stable. Ample parking steps outside the unit.
We did not try the restaurant, but several people told us it was very good. They offer a three course meal with beverages for $40 for adults. A reviewer said he would have gone into Saint Saveur and saved money at one of the many restaurants. Well, we went into Saint Saveur and were disappointed after the good reviews to find it wall to wall tourists strolling down the main drag, constant cars going by and very expensive meals. We spent $60 for a lunch of vegetarian crepes and one beer. Wish we had waited and had the full dinner at the resort.
There is a nice grocery store just a couple of miles away.
I think this resort is best for active people who like to fish, hike, swim, etc. as it is somewhat remote. We drove from it into Montreal and the traffic was horrendous coming back leaving Montreal before 4 p.m. We liked the setting and peace and quiet but we would not have wanted to stay longer without being more active.
Beware of the detour to get there on highway 333. We found it better to go to Prevost coming from Montreal. Our GPS was able to find the resort but it wasn't aware of the detour and so we drove around the lake as directed which was much longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St-Hippolyte’s Auberge du Lac Morency is nestled in a charming location in the heart of the Laurentians, just 50 minutes north of Montreal. Built in 1934 and completely renovated, this warm and inviting Inn is the soul of an international holiday resort.At the beginning of the 90s, 4 rooms had already been added to the 10 original, and since 2001, 26 new luxurious units have been built.Our Restaurant:The Auberge du Lac Morency’s restaurant staff is composed of gastronomy lovers… they appreciate textures, aromas and flavors.Both kitchen and dining room employees are proud to be able to allow our guests to live wonderful moments. Everything is taken into consideration in order to attain a high level of excellence that our clientele will no doubt appreciate.For example, our Director wanted to offer smoked meats and fish… a smoker was thus built which allows our chef to express his originality. Your visit to the Auberge du Lac Morency wouldn’t be complete without having tasted our smoked salmon! Why not try it with a glass of white wine chosen from the hundreds of choices present on our wine card.Early on Sunday mornings, at the chez Hippolyte restaurant, our entire team prepares to serve our delicious brunch. Brioches, croissants, fine cheeses, fruits, salads and cooked meats are on the menu and will make both young and old wish they could eat more.Our table d’hôte is changed regularly, usually as the seasons themselves do. Our chef chooses lighter foods for the warmer seasons and richer ingredients in the winter.Our Spa:We offer Swedish and hot volcanic rock massages. Esthetic and body wrap treatments are also available.Offer yourself this precious gift and you will find balance between your body and soul.Hope to see you all in the laurentians! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Auberge du Lac Morency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Lac Morency Hotel Saint Hippolyte
- Auberge Du Lac Morency Saint Hippolyte, Quebec, Canada