“Easy in and out access, but...”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saint Hyacinthe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a convenient hotel, with very pleasant staff.
When booking, ask for a room with an even number, as the odd numbers face the Highway, about 60 meters away. Just in case pack a pair of ear plugs...

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the highway (even numbers)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jose D

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My pre-school daughter and I stayed here for 1 night on our way from Toronto to New-Brunswick. It's very easy to get to from the highway. The parking lot is very spacious. The front desk staff is friendly, quick and efficient. They had a basket of apples on the check in desk for the guests to help themselves. I asked the front desk when I checked in to have extra pillows sent up to the room in order for my toddler to not fall out of bed and they where brought up to my room within 10 minutes of my arriving in the room. The hotel exterior and interior is new, clean and very modern. When I booked our room online I requested a room with a city view and that's exactly what we got when we checked in. The room was very quiet (vs. the highway side). Our room was very well appointed, spacious and I loved that the bed room was separated from the living room area. Everything in the room was new, clean & modern. Everything was in perfect working order including the Lights, TV, Fridge, Air Conditioner. The complemenraty big bottle of water was much appreciated. We slept like angels and did not hear any noise from the rooms next to us, the hallway or the highway. The buffet breakfast area was spacious and the food offered was plentiful and varied, including many foods toddlers typically like (bagels, cereal, eggs, muffins, bacon and lot's more!). You can also come and get your breakfast and bring it up to your room if you prefer to eat in a more quiet setting. The nearby restaurants offer varied options for lunch or dinner before heading back out on the road. We will definitely choose this hotel again when we travel back to New-Brunswick. It was great to take the new highway 30 and avoid the trafic in Mtl. And staying in Saint-Hyacinthe also avoids having to drive into Mtl.

The only thing I can think about that could have improved our visit : it would have been nice to have a cart to bring in our luggage since I was traveling alone with a pre-schooler and had lot's of bags to bring into the room with us.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room to avoid the constant hum of the highway. If you're bringing your own...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Modern hotel, Leeds Certified, no carpet in rooms...Bit noisy on the highway side of the hotel. Bed, Pillows good, Clean, good layout of room. You can't go wrong with this selection. Restaurants next door.

Room Tip: Go for the front side...it would be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bjgdb8
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The hotel appears to be very new, it has modern design and lots of newer solutions for the comfort of the travelers. The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. Even though located right next to the highway it is obviously sound-proof as there were no noise-related issues. Breakfast room was large and can accommodate many guests at a time, which is great. I also really appreciated glass and china for breakfast, which were a nice change from the usual plastic/paper/foam utensils. Went to use the pool, the water was somewhat on the colder side and the pool floor and walls were covered with some kind of plastic foil, which was getting displaced in many spots - something that would need to get fixed. Staff's attitude was friendly and cheerful, which made up for poor English knowledge with some of them. But, this is Quebec :). When I come to the area again, I'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels in the U.S. and that was the reason I chose this hotel. We were not disappointed on any criteria. Very clean room, very comfortable beds and pillows. The suites had a very nice living room and large bathroom with a large shower stall. Although the suite was on the highway side of the hotel (there aren't any suites on the opposite side), the road noise was tolerable, except when the odd very noisy truck rolled by. They should have built it with the suites on the opposite side, but too late for that. The hotel was full that night (New Years Eve), but the breakfast buffet was well supplied given the 'full house'.
All in all , very good value for money. Would stay there again without a blink.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mermaid_Julie-n-Dan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel while on our way home from the PEI. Good location right off highway 20. Check-in staff was friendly but a) did not acknowledge that I was a Gold Member and b) completely ignored when my request when I asked for directions to the local Cage Aux Sports restaurant. Facility was clean and functional and the room was also clean. Could do though with more pressure coming out of the shower head. Only major downside was kids kept running up and down the halls without regards to other hotel guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarthaFaye
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear MarthaFaye,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am truly for the level of noise created by some of the other guests during you stay. We do value our IHG Rewards Club members and I do apologize if this was not the case when you stayed with us. I do hope you will give us a chance to make it right and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights while visiting St Hyacinthe. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and all met my feeble attempts at speaking French with good humour and good English! My room was very pleasant and cosy, and the hot buffet breakfast each morning was a great start to the day. Although the hotel is located towards the edge of town, it was easy to order a taxi each day and a cheap ride into the centre ( approx $15). There are a number of different restaurants literally surrounding the hotel, about 4 or 5 to choose from within 2 minute's walk. My only quibble is that my room faced the Transcanadian Highway, busy with traffic for most of the night - I slept well with earplugs in!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building, facing away from the Transcanadian Highway! Cars on thi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
#3 of 3 in Boucherville
Hotel Rive Gauche
Hotel Rive Gauche
#1 of 1 in Beloeil

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe? Share your experiences!