We just came back from a three day stay at the Station Touristique Duchesnay, and I can’t say enough good things about it. The facility is beautiful, a nice mix of rusticity and luxury, with a breathtaking view of the Lac Saint Joseph and the surrounding mountains. We stayed in the Auberge or main building, which is new and nicely decorated. We had two rooms, both pretty standard hotel rooms but clean and new and very comfortable. Once again, the views were the main thing. We found the staff to be helpful in all ways, from the front desk to the restaurant staff. I’ve read some reviews saying that the staff is unfriendly to non-French speakers, but we actually enjoyed the more European style of service: respectful and not fake-friendly. We had a great breakfast buffet one morning in the restaurant, and four course table d’hote meals one evening, both very well-done. Our children enjoyed the beach and lake activities and the game room in another pavilion. Quebec City is about 30 minutes away: easy to get to for a visit and a meal. It’s also close to many fun activities such as the Tree Link adventure and an elaborate labyrinth.
I do wish that there were more on-line information available on options and policies: we really had no idea what we were going into. The results were great, but I wish I had called ahead to learn about the possibility of renting a villa instead of two rooms in the auberge, and also about the two levels of activities options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature getaways, romantic weekends, family vacations or business meetings. Any occasion is the perfect chance to appreciate Station touristique Duchesnay. This year-round resort is only 30 minutes from Québec City. The 89 km² site by the shores of Lac Saint-Joseph is a magnificent playground for a wide variety of activities: hiking, cross-country skiing, canoeing, rock climbing, archery, guided activities, and much more. This is also a place where you can enjoy fine dining and quality accommodations. Pure enchantment for guests of all ages! This establishment participates in the sustainable development recognition program, . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Auberge Duchesnay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Duchesnay Hotel Sainte Catherine De La Jacques Cartier
- Auberge Duchesnay Quebec, Canada