“Great Evening”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: St-Charles
Description: Le Samuel vous propose une cuisine gourmande aux influences françaises et méditerranéennes. Une cuisine d'émotions, au gout franc mais subtil, tout en conservant la fraicheur et l'intégrité des produits locaux. Pour compléter votre repas a merveille, une vaste sélection de vins et de champagnes sont offerts au verre ou a la bouteille. Vos papilles seront charmées par le parfait accord entre nos vins et les créations culinaires de notre chef et de sa brigade.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

A nice table beside the windows with a nice view. Best welcom in a restaurant since long time.
The service was very professional. The quality of the food and the service was at the level of my expectetion. Salmon Tartar is tasty, the steak was cooking as our demand, medium saignant, the rabbit was a perfect and no word to describe the desserts.
An excellent evening with a nice souvenir.
The right place to go in Saint Jean sur Richelieu, Qc
PS The sweetbread salads is a most.

MarianneGagne, Responsable relations clients at Restaurant Le Samuel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our restaurant. Your comments are appreciated! Feel free to follow us on our Facebook and Twitter accounts to receive more information about us!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT, food was delicious, smiles from all the staff we will be back 100%, very nice view of Richelieu river ambiance is perfect with very nice fireplace in the middle

1  Thank milly591
MarianneGagne, Responsable relations clients at Restaurant Le Samuel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The restaurant's modern and classy decor is quite unexpected given the surrounding region. As well, it sits along the banks of the river, offering very attractive views.

The food we had was very good. They offered a nice lunch selection. I had a crab risotto, which I very much enjoyed. The service was efficient, although admittedly the restaurant was far from crowded.

It's rather expensive, however, which may explain the small number of patrons.

That said, it is a good choice for a business lunch if you're in the area of Saint- Jean.

2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place is one of the best restaurant in St-Jean. I have been there a once for lunch and I was very pleased.

This ambiance is very nice and classy. Decoration was beautifull, as the view of the Richelieu river. It was a quite calm place though there were only around 20 people in the restaurant.

The service is good, though i waited a little bit longuer that i wished between waiter visits for filling my glass of water and for the bill. The staff is a little bit too formal for my taste but I expected it and i am pretty sure current customers expected it too.

I really enjoyed my meal there and I tasted "never tasted before" flavors. It has been a joyride for my palate. Even their "entrées" are special.

I have taken a steak and it was excellent, like all side dishes. Everything served there is gastronomical and of highest quality and freshness.

Be be warn, the bill can be high. It is one of the priciest restaurant in St-Jean. This is why i rate this place 4 starts instead of 5 starts. It worth it but i will reserve this place for special occasions.

Visited February 2013

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Since the change in management, this restaurant is not as good as it used to. Over rated and expective

1  Thank JazzB