“Great place”

Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sutton
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Great place. 100M from a lot of little coffeshops and restaurants.
The Food is very good, and you have options. The Room was Comfortable and felt like High End Hotels. The Mattress could be too hard for some but i did like it. Great Attention to details, Very nice ambiance, and quiet. Perfect in between of "Quiet" and Trendy. We loved that it was close to "LA Rumeur Affamée" Great place to get some great food.

The restaurant is one of the best in Sutton too.
I wish they would offer some small fridges in the rooms since there is no late services. It would be great to keep some fresh water and some snacks :)

But otherwise this place is very good. We had a great package with BALNEA SPA massages. Amazing Weekend. Thanks to the owners for great service and smiles!

Room Tip: The Rooms on top floor are amazing. Make sure to get Superior Room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have stayed at this B & B twice in the last year; once in the summer and once in the fall. You cannot help but fall in love with the place- the attention to detail and design is outstanding and makes it a unique find in the province. I have traveled across Quebec and searched high and low for cute "get away" hotels or B & B's. No need to look any further, this is 100% one of the best out there. Michel and Bertain are wonderful, warm people who make you feel at home. They renovated and redecorated the place, the decor is modern, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and is made with real care. In the summer, you can sit out on the lovely terrace in the evening with a glass of wine and unwind. On my second trip, I had forgotten a few amenities, and the staff were so sweet and provided me with a toothbrush, toothpaste and razor for free.

I stayed in the superior room (top floor) twice, and it is definitely worth the extra money. The only downfall of the place, I would say, are the smaller beds. None of the rooms have king beds. As the owners explained, they would be too cramped in the rooms. A few things that could be added to the rooms to spruce them up: dvd players, extra blankets and some art (they have tons in the lobby but it could really add to the rooms as well).

Overall, Sutton is a charming town and Le Pleasant is the perfect little hide-away! I also definitely recommend a trip to Balnea spa which is about 25 minutes away.

Room Tip: Superior room on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank eclipze006
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A hidden little gem in Sutton. From the initial online contact with the hotel owners, I knew this would be a great little spot. I was lucky and went in the quiet season before all the skiiers start to arrive, but it is exactly what I needed. A lovely 110 year old home that has been totally renovated to its current beauty, I was on the top floor with a beautiful room with a mansard ceiling, plenty of space, with a fantastic bathroom and shower. The bed is low, and initially deceiving to some proably, but it was so comfortable. A two minute walk from the main street with lots of cafes and shops. Thank you Michel & Bertin for such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: the suite on the top floor is beautiful, bright and perfect for a couple or family.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tigerhawke
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stopped here on our way to Quebec City. I had read other reviews and concur with the general agreement that this is a very "Pleasant" place to stay. This is an old building that has been renovated with a modern furnishings decor. I loved the contrast of the old and new. The owner was welcoming and very helpful with restaurant recommendations. We had a nice dinner down the street at La Fontaine. The breakfast in the morning was delicious - homemade scones, jam, etc!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay but were dissapointed that the restaurant was only open at the weekends. Also surprised to find that we would have to pay extra for latte coffee with breakfast despite paying $200 for room.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lankylad99
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Loved the decor, old house beautifully and lovingly restored to its majestic beauty. The decor is a very contemporary which highlights the antique features of the house.

Comfortable, great location and food!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chantal B
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Pleasant Hotel last Sunday night on our way back to New England after a weekend in Montreal. What a fantastic surprise. This inn is wonderful!
Our room was great (we stayed in a Mansard room). I loved the glass enclosed shower in the bathroom.
We decided to have dinner in the Cafe since the prices were reasonable and we were too tired to look for anything else. Am I glad we did. This had to be one of the best meals I have ever had. The chef is truely one in a million. We had what sounded like typical 'bistro' style food on the menu (nan pizza with wild mushrooms, pasta with smoked salmon). The execution and taste was exceptional. This was paired with a glass of local Quebec wine. What a wonderful dining experience.
I only regret that we do not live close enough to be able to come here more often.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Auberge Sutton Brouerie
#4 of 5 in Sutton
Horizon Hotel
Horizon Hotel
#5 of 5 in Sutton

Been to Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe? Share your experiences!