“Nice atmosphere- disappointing pizza”

Tartinizza Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Sutton
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere- disappointing pizza”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The atmosphere is great- and service is nice and this place is a local's favourite. But the pizza was flavourless. A little fresh basil, some garlic would go a long way here. The kitchen has lost it's way and needs a reboot.

Visited August 2013

Brandon, Canada
“What I imagine pizza in Italy to be...”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We chose Tartinizza by chance - we were looking for dinner at about 8:30pm when it started to rain and we spotted it around the corner and am I so glad we did!!

We sat under an umbrella and sipped wine while the drizzle subsided and then ordered some of the best pizza I have ever had I haven't been to Italy yet but I can only imagine this is what it is supposed to taste like. They have ruined all other wanna-bes for me!!

If the pizza wasn't good enough, the homemade dessert of a chocolate and fresh fig tart with custard was the most amazing flavour combination I had ever tasted - I was talking about it 3 days later and can't even imagine how to begin replicating it!!!

It was a casual, no frills place with a casual no-frills menu and with the prices you expect a lost less but are you ever thrilled to be wrong!! The ONLY complaint we had was the blandness of our starter soup... surprising since everything else was packed with incredible flavour!!!

Do not miss this gem, the only way you will be disappointed is if you are expecting pepperoni and a stuffed crust... need I say more?

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Butterflymbca
Jackson NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent find -- don't overlook!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Tartin'Izza was recommended to me for dinner, along with a few other choice. I would definitely return here and recommend it to you. This is pizza unlike any in the states, flat bread, real tomatoes and home-made sauces. Each of the dozen choices had ingredients or combinations not frequently seen. I chose pizza with lox, capers, onions, tomatoes and probably a few other things. It was as much as i could eat. I tried the local Dunham beer, which was a nice change from the usual. As a single, I was given a stool at the bar which allowed me to spy on the staff, who maintained and average speed of 20 mph as they took care of their customers, the kitchen, and the occasional pick-up. Seating is limited. Service was prompt but guests were never rushed. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LifeOnTheBorder
Montreal
“First time..impressed!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We went there based on a friend's recommendation. We called for a reservation on Tuesday and since they are only open from Thursday to Sunday, I got a recording saying that if no one calls us back our phone reservation would be ok. And it WAS! This restaurant is nestled in a small lane off the main road in Sutton; there is parking in that lane and more further in the rear of the restaurant; not a problem. We were seated immediately and without delay asked about drinks. Looking through the menu we saw that this would be a little out oft the ordinary pizza place. Thin crust pizza with and a nice combination of unusual toppings as well as some pasta dishes. We both decided on a small Caesar salad then pizzas and were not disappointed. Best Caesar salad I've had in a long time; delicious pizzas, priced right and served hot. Our waiter was very attentive and courses were served with perfect timing; not rushed and not slow. There are a couple of things I should mention though:
1. Make sure you have reservations; Sutton is a small town and this restaurant is popular.
2. Earlier dining is probably better; it does get quite loud as it begins to fill up.
3. They could do a bit better with their decor and the tables are a little too close together for my taste.
Would definitely recommend!
There is no website but here are the opening hours:
Thursday and Friday 5pm - 9pm.
Saturday 7 Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm and 5pm - 9pm
Phone: 450 538-5067

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank wolf55
“Great Pizza and Beer”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

This is a great place to go for pizza and beer. It is casual and all of the locals love the restaurant which is a great sign. They have great thin crust pizza and salad and if you get one of thier pictures of beer you can have a great inexpensive meal that will have you coming back for more. The service is very personal and friendly. I would highly recommend that you make a reservation as almost every night of the week the place is full.

• Visited December 2012