“Great food, slow service”

Bar Bistro l'Entracte
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Val d'Or
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Great food, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a diner at l' Entract bistro. Val D'Or is a small mining town and gets quite busy at times. We were unable to get table for 5 untill 9:30pm so we decided to wait considering the place being so highly recommended by locals and reviews from tripadvisor.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by our hostess whom had our table ready to receive our group. We were seated promptly. The sushi came highly recommended by locals so we ordered a mixed plate of rolls for entrees. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation of our entrees; they were very tasty. At this point, our meal and experience was looking very promising.

We waited well over an hour for our mains afterwards. I noticed most of the dining crowd had gone (10:30pm) by then. So I figured our food would be served shortly, but it was not the case. Eventually, after several drinks, our plates arrived. I had the beef flank, my wife the beef tenderloin, my daughters had the salmon tartare, and lamb chops, and our guest had chicken Alfredo. Overall the mains were well prepared. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals, I got to sample most the plates. The salmon tartare was exquisite, quite a surprise considering you are in val D'or. The only problem was that all of this took way too long, that is why I rate it very good instead of excellent.

It gets busy and loud, don't expect a romantic atmosphere. Otherwise it is definitely worth a try.

montreal
“Up and down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I think most reviewers are right...very good resto...but i have been there 3 times and i would say that my first time was the best..great service and the meals were served hot and well plated..the other two times i felt the place had reached its goal as the # 1 resto in Val D'Or,and now was less intent to serve high quality for a high price..more like so so food at a high price...and one last word of advice...there is a new player in town...and The Windsor is well worth the trip also.

Newmarket, Canada
“Noisy but Decent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

As a contributor to Trip Advisor I quite often read other reviewers comments to find recommendations on dining etc. In a small town like Val D'Or Quebec the choices for fine dining are limited. I decided to try the Bistro L'Entracte ( rated #1 ) and was not disappointed. The wine menu was extensive to complement their selections of meals. After having the caesar salad my server recommended the duck which was accompanied by my choice of potato, rice and fresh steamed vegetables.
All in all a decent meal but you have to appreciate and enjoy the local crowd which were a little noisy!!!

• Visited September 2013
Bromont, Quebec
“The best restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

This is a surprisingly modern winebar and restaurant in frontier-town Val d'Or. Fantastic wine list, full bar, amazing, sophistcated food and a great jazz/bistro atmosphere. Not cheap, but a definite not-to-miss meal if you are in Val d'Or for any reason. Try any of the beef and steak dishes... the bavette is to die for, as is the filet on a bed of mushrooms and gorgonzola cheese... sublime!

Visited November 2012
“Cocktails as brilliant as food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Good food, good service.
It's a bistro, so don't go if you are in a hurry.
Great place to go have a chat with friends.

Visited May 2012