“Great Budget Hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Estevan

Motel 6 Estevan
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Estevan
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for 1 day while in town for work, we would have stayed longer but they were booked solid. The rooms were clean, the beds comfy and staff friendly and helpful exactly what I need when out of town for work. This is a budget hotel they don't offer a breakfast, gym, pool etc... But when I'm out of town for work I don't have time for those things anyways. Would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Estevan.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Darlene B, General Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Hi Wendyi,

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate all of our guests' comments, both positive and negative.
As you mentioned, we are a budget motel, with none of the ammenities that the other branded properties in town offer. But, as you said, we have clean, comfortable rooms and friendly and accomodating front desk and housekeeping staff. And we do have the lowest rates of all the branded competition.
Thank you again, Wendy. It's nice to see that our efforts are not going un-noticed.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Check-in is a lot more quicker than most other places. The cleanliness of the hotel in general shows good upkeep. Hotel is very close to WalMart and Restaraunts in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. The hotel does not have a pool, computer room or gym, yet gives guests a nice quiet, friendly environment to feel safe in.

Room Tip: This hotel offers smoking rooms and is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor L
Darlene B, General Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Trevor L.

Thank you for your positive response. I will be more than happy to pass your comments on to our front desk and housekeeping staff.
It is wonderful to learn that we are doing our best and keeping our guests happy.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is my second stay at the Motel 6 in Estevan. Last time was in June '12. This was a similar experience to last year, except that my stay was longer. This also meant that I had to do laundry half way through my stay. I'm adding this second review just to point out that there are two sets of coin-op washer/dryers available to guests. They are newer, and in good shape.

Other than that, it's a basic, clean hotel. Full maid service is once every three days, with general cleaning provided daily (fresh towels, bed service, etc).

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CDN_Traveller_12
Darlene B, General Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear CDN_Traveller_12,

Thank you so much for responding to TripAdvisor. We take all of our guests' comments to heart - both positive and negative.
I am glad that you could take advantage of our Guest Laundry facilities. We do our best to provide the services that our guests find important. The fact that you came back for a second time reflects well on our Motel 6. To provide a clean, comfortable stay for you is what we aim for, and I am happy to hear that we accomplished that goal for a second time.
Again, I appreciate the positive feedback and will pass your comments onto our hard-working staff.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Nothing wrong with the Motel 6 in Estevan. Clean room good bed, Internet and TV. What more do you need for a quick stay. Hey they even have coffee,tea donuts and muffins in he morning.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EKG777
Darlene B, General Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear EKG777,

Thank you so much for responding to TripAdvisor. We track all of our guests' responses, and take all very seriously. I am very happy to hear that your stay at our Motel 6 was comfortable, and the ammenities that we provide were helpful as well.
We do our best to provide services for the benefit and convenience of our guests, and hope that they return. Thank you for saying that you would.
Perhaps we will se you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I booked a room here for twice and my stays were great.I had a good sleep because of their comfy beds and quiet place.They have a quick check-in,friendly staff and clean room. I would book a room here again.If you 're looking for a room that is cheaper than other hotels but clean.This hotel is good for us!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Gr3atmindever
Darlene B, Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for your response to TripAdvisor. We appreciate all comments, both positive and negative. It is our goal to provide a safe, clean atmosphere in our motel; one in which you receive friendly, prompt service, a welcoming smile when you arrive and a thankful goodbye when you depart. If we've achieved those things, then we are doing our jobs.
Thank you again for your response.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

This is the most bare bones hotel I've ever stayed in apart from a motor lodge ... Every expense was spared in the construction and amenities here. I've seen more frills in correctional facilities so don't expect much when staying here. Cleanliness is mediocre and room decor is depressing since its so sparsely furnished & decorated from the what appears to have been the Dollar store

If your look for a place to stay instead of sleeping in back seat of your car, this place is for you. Alternatively, if there's another room available elsewhere, take it

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Nineinchtongue

I am truly sorry that our Motel 6 did not measure up to your expectations. In case you are unaware, we are considered a "budget motel." This means that we do not have all of the extras that other brands do, but our prices do reflect that fact.
Our decor and amenities are up to standard with the Motel 6 Brand. Our cleaning staff's performance is inspected by Head Office on a regular basis. If you had issues with the motel during your stay, perhaps you should have approached myself, or any of our very capable Guest Service Agents and we could have helped you solve any probloems you may have had.
I thank you for your input.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I've stayed here many times. Two of the rooms I've been in had vomit stains on the walls of the bathroom. The rooms are often dirty. Had issues with housekeeping walking in the room while I was sleeping when the DO NO DISTURB sign was on the door. Last night the noise finally died down at 2:30am and started up again at 5:15am. Due to many hockey teams staying here it was a 3 ring circus all night. After numerous complaints about the noise from many guests, and a confrontation with one of the drunken parents, nothing was done and the noise continued. Find a hotel where the guests rest and a good nights sleep is a priority.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kurtis M
Darlene B, General Manager at Motel 6 Estevan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Kurtis,

I am sorry that your stay at our motel has been unacceptable. I have spoken to our housekeepers and they have assured me that they never enter a room with the "Do Not Disturb" sign posted on the door handle. They understand that we have many guests who are shift workers. As for the dirtiness of your rooms during previous visits, we were not made aware of the situation. Sometimes, if the "DND" sign is left on the door, the housekeepers do not go in and cleaning does not get done.
As for the "3 ring circus" that occured this past weekend, I have spoken to my staff and to the coaches of the teams that were guests. The coaches were told that this behaviour is not acceptable, and will not be tolerated. Future teams visiting will be told the same thing. My staff did all they felt that they could. I have let them know that, if this situation happens in the future and I am not available, they WILL call the police.
I know that this apology does not make up for lost sleep and uncomfortableness for you, but I do sincerely apologize and hope that you allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our motel.
Thank you.