Tropical Inn
Lone Star Hotel(North Battleford)
US$90
Hotels.com
US$126
US$101
Midway Motel(Radisson)
US$75
Gold Eagle Lodge(North Battleford)
Battlefords Inn(North Battleford)
TripAdvisor
Travelodge North Battleford(North Battleford)
Beaver Hotel(North Battleford)
  • Bar/Lounge
Armada Inn(Unity)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I'm staying in this hotel due to its close proximity to a project I'm working on. I'm here for a week, leaving at 6:00 am and returning at 6:00 PM. I usually have reports to write in the evening so I usually just order Room Service where ever I am at the time. Because of my normal late arrival each night, my problems were all dealt with by the night staff.

My first night here I ordered delivery from an outside restaurant with problems ,,, but that's another review, LOL. I also tried to order a pay per view Movie but was unable to for some reason. A quick call to the night staff person was no help as she said it was a problem she could not fix and would put in a work order for the daytime maintenance staff.

The next evening, I ordered room service with little to complain about. But as soon as I got into the room I checked the TV to see if I could now order movies. I still could not, and now a different evening staff member, offered to move me to another room, since it turned out to be the TV that was the problem and was reported and identified earlier as a problem by other hotel guests but was never rectified.

I declined the offer to move as this was now Thursday and by now I was considering moving from this hotel to a different location for my second week of the project I was working on.

It's now Friday, (the next night) and I have reports to write so I order Room Service......... Or at least I try!. I started phoning at 6:30 PM but no one would answer, It would ring 5 times and then transfer to the front desk, at which time I would hang up and try again. So after ten minutes I let it continue to ring until the front desk answered. She was very apologetic and put me on hold while she dialed their number to try and reach them. She came back to me stating she tried 4 times with no response so she apologized and said she was walking over to the restaurant to investigate. 5 Minutes later she called me back to say they were very busy and to try back a few minutes later.

Well an hour and a half later I finally called the front desk again and she personally took my order to the in-house restaurant so I could get some food.

5 minutes later I got a call from the restaurant saying I might have to come get the food as they were short staffed.
At 8:33 I got my food, Hand delivered by the same person responsible for taking the Room Service Orders, stating that the phone ringer was turned down and she was unable to hear it.

I did receive a discount on my food order which was nice but does not change my opinion of this Hotel and the restaurant staff of the accompanying and attached Smitty's. oh by the way Salmon was the special for the night, so I ordered the Caesar Salad with Grilled Salmon. Well my Salad was wilted and the salmon was dry and over cooked.

Management needs to look at the issues here as this City will not always be easily accessible.

Room Tip: This Hotel has amenities for Families like water slides, but during the week is full of construction workers, so don't be surprised by that.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hello. I had booked a 3 night stay through a booking agency. Then had to cancel. I did not have access to a computer to cancel online so phoned the hotel direct. I obtained a cancellation number to my horror to find the rip off hotel charged me one night as I did not cancel through the online company. I visited them to explain and was met with a very obnoxious manager Doris who refused to listen or acknowledge my complaint. I am not letting this go as I had a firm cancellation from the actual place. Is this crazy or typical of small town places. Signed. Very very annoyed

Room Tip: Very obnoxious front desk. Money hungry and rude
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Located right on Highway #16 makes this place easy to access. There is a large parking lot. The restaurant is very nice and the meals we had were good. There is also water slides which we did not use - due to time restrictions of our trip. Our room was pleasant with all the usual things. We stopped here on an overnight, we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Windy_Feet
DBinette2013, Manager at Tropical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank You for choosing the Tropical Inn. We are always happy to hear that our guests had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us. Have a great dayl!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

With a large pool and water slide this hotel offers the family a break from driving. The restaurant serves good food but there are other options found in the surrounding area. The rooms are good and you can get a room on the outside or facing the indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank princesscruisers

Thank You for choosing the Tropical Inn. I am pleased that your stay was a positive one and that you had a great time. We strive to make our guest feel comfortable and at home. Hopefully we will see you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here on the last couple days of our holiday I booked a suite so my family could strecth out, apon checkin we were unable to get that room due to an air conditioning leak. Fine that stuff happens. They tried to make us get 2 rooms and pay full price on them which would have been more than the suite I wanted but how can I even take 2 rooms when I have children use some common sense people. So they find us a room that has 1 king bed and a pullout couch which is still more than the suite I wanted and want me to pay full price I said no you will give it to us for the price of the suite I reserved after a half hour check in they did. We get to the room and it is damp and stinky whatever I am done fighting we will take it. It was just bad after bad after bad room wasn't cleaned proper food in restaurant was raw had to be sent back next day was 20 mins to get even a coffee at breakfast and just about an hour to get pancakes. We were told after we complained to friend in NB that you don't stay there or eat at Smittys there, and I will never again. We need tog o back this summer for another wedding and I will be trying the Gold Eagle Lodge

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

The Tropical Inn would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you experienced with us. There is no excuse for this. Your checkin should not have been a fight and your meals in our restaurant should have been acceptable to you. These matters have been brought up with the appropriate departments and hopefully this will not happen again. I hope you will give us another try. Have a great day!