“Clean!!!”
Review of Gold Eagle Lodge

Gold Eagle Lodge
“Clean!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The service is good!! The rooms are excellent, clean!!! The hotel is very quit!!!! Would for sure stay here again if I ever come back to north battlefield!!!! Wasn't to impressed with the casino though the smoking was awful and it stunk so bad!!! That's the only complaint I have!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would like to stay again if you get the chance.

Unfortunately, the Gold Eagle Lodge is not directly affiliated with the Gold Eagle Casino next door. However, I have taken the liberty of contacting the Management team at the casino to share with them your disappointment of the smoking concern.

Thank you, again, and we look forward to having the chance to welcome you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a month for the last year and a half, and have given it a very positive review. It is the place to stay in North Battleford, but when I went to book a room on June 1st their web site was down so I gave them a call to book a room. I was told they no longer accept
reservations and if I wanted to stay their I would need to call at noon on the day of my arrival and see if their were any rooms available. Like most people I need to plan my trip, and not wait till the day of my arrival to hope they have a room. All they could rudely tell me was their always full so tough luck. I will no longer recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank v98roadstar
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your disappointment and concerns with us.

Unfortunately, during the period around June 1st our website was not down, but rather, “closed out” online, meaning no one could book a room online as our availability was either very low or we were sold out completely from June 2nd – 4th.

We are, and always will be, taking reservations and here to help 24/7. If we are sold out, however, we would not be able to accommodate reservations for the date(s) requested. We may ask you to try back at a later time to see if there have been any cancellations, or we may ask if you would like to be added to our wait list.

I am truly sorry if who you spoke with came across “rude”. Our staff are trained to accommodate all guests as best as possible and we take pride in caring for our guests. With that in mind, we sincerely hope that you will once again consider the Gold Eagle Lodge. If you would provide myself or our General Manager with your contact information we would be pleased to further discuss this matter with you.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we all look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Battlefords.

Kelly Fluney
Front Office Manager
Saskatoon
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is by far the nicest hotel to stay in North Battleford. Rooms are spacious and clean. I believe I was in a standard room and it came with microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee machine. Beds are comfortable. Hotel is quiet. Continental breakfast is decent. Although it would be nice to have some hot food options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for suggestion in regards to adding more hot breakfast items to our continental breakfast; we take all comments into consideration.
Saskatoon
Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a contrast to the Akihito restaurant next door. Here the front desk staff could not have been more courteous or helpful. The room was good, breakfast ok but nothing to rave about. Very clean. Excellent management. Thank you from a weary traveller!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review!
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Short business trip. Most of hotels were ranked poorly. Very impressed, clean quiet friendly. Casino with good restaurant nearby. Close to everything, too
Owned by First Nations so has understated FIrst Nations theme. I agree, dont stay anywhere else if in the area.
No concerns. Will be happy to use it again when in the area. Mind, you get what you pay for and it is not cheap.

Room Tip: I had one of the jacuzzi suites, very nice and roomy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us at the Gold Eagle Lodge.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just had my first stay at the Gold Eagle Lodge this weekend. North Battleford is such an unassuming town where everyone seems to know each other, and the GEL is symbolic of that home-town hospitality in a very nice, more-than-average hotel. I would consider this hotel to be the gold standard of hotels in NB.

A mix of business, family, and casino goers, they cater to all. What you'll notice as soon as you walk in, are the smiles from the reservations desk. Kelly and her team go out of their way to make your stay comfortable, even helping you to your room! The cleaning staff are just as pleasant, always greeting you with a "hello" or "good morning" when passing in the hallway.

The rooms are nicely appointed, though I was hoping to get a king suite, the hotel was solidly booked and I was only able to get a double queen which was just fine. The mini fridge and microwave are a bonus. The internet is fast and it works! (something not every hotel can boast about). There is a great pool area and a useful work out room. My room faced the front and though not noisy from the outside, know that when the sunshines from mid afternoon until sun set it will warm the room up. There is a thermostat on the wall for comfort control.

There is a continental breakfast served with is just perfect. Lots of selection and a very friendly dining room staff. Very clean dining room too!

I suppose their could be the potential for some rowdy kids since there are so many families, sports teams, etc. that stay here. There were lots of kids during my stay, and I was aware of some running in the halls around 11pm, but my sense is that the hotels "quiet time" policy is adhered to and one phone call of complaint and this activity would be dealt with.

One of the features I like is that the rooms are non-smoke and the hotel has a very stern policy that if you try to cheat and light up in your room, you will be billed for a cleaning due to smell, and it's not cheap! You may think that your cigarette doesn't leave a smell behind long after you have gone, but you would be terribly wrong so, as they say "take it outside"

I slept well here, but I do have to say, the pillows are a bit annoying, full, but kind of lumpy...put it this way, they don't form well to your head. So travelling with your own might be a good idea. I'm just picky about pillows. This is not a deal breaker!

You can't go wrong staying here. Thanks again to all of the front staff for making my very short stay and lovely experience. I hope to return soon! (next time, a King suite!)

Room Tip: avoid rooms across from elevators, that "ding" could get annoying when the elevator reache...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerard S
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for the GOLD review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us here at the Gold Eagle Lodge and that you had a chance to enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer.

The Gold Eagle Lodge would like to thank you for informing us in regards to the lumpy pillows in your room during your stay. We would like to report that the pillows have been promptly removed and replaced with new pillows.

We would love to be able to accommodate you in a King Suite during your next stay and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Employees are very helpful and courteous. Rooms are comfortable and clean with nice finishes. You get a $10 voucher to the casino. Casino restaurant is very good. Rooms are always quiet despite a full hotel. Beds are very comfortable. Hotel always appears to be brand new, enough though it isn't!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay; thank you for your comments!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Battleford
Battlefords Inn
Battlefords Inn
#3 of 8 in North Battleford
Hanna's Haven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Gold Eagle Lodge? Share your experiences!