“Very nice hotel”
Review of Gold Eagle Lodge

Gold Eagle Lodge
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We always enjoy staying at this hotel when we are in the area. It is clean and modern. The bed is not comfy for me because it is too firm but I bring my own foam mattress topper with me and that solves the problem. The pool is also very nice and it is just an all around very nice hotel with friendly staff and good facilities. The restaurant by the casino is decent as well. Our only issue is that the casino allows smoking that is not in an enclosed area and it is quite gross. I cannot imagine the health issues it must cause to their staff because you can smell the smoke outside before you even go in and it surprises me that management at the casino have such little respect for the well being of staff and patrons. Just because there are no federal laws although there should be, because why should First Nations have a different set of rules to the rest of Canada, and knowing how deadly it is, does not mean the casino should allow it. I think it is quite, quite shameful that they do. They should enclose it. They do have an enclosed no smoking area but 3/4's of the casino it seems allows smoking with just a small area for those who do not smoke. It should be the other way around. Thankfully the hotel is fully non-smoking. We believe it is the best hotel in the area and certainly there is nothing at all wrong with it and the price is very good.

Room Tip: If you do not like firm mattresses maybe consider taking a foam topper with you and then you will fi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are glad to hear you always enjoy your stay along with our staff and facilities!

I am sorry to hear you find our beds too firm but am happy that you have found a solution.

I have directed your smoking concerns to the management at the Gold Eagle Casino as we are not directly affiliated.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The service is good!! The rooms are excellent, clean!!! The hotel is very quit!!!! Would for sure stay here again if I ever come back to north battlefield!!!! Wasn't to impressed with the casino though the smoking was awful and it stunk so bad!!! That's the only complaint I have!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would like to stay again if you get the chance.

Unfortunately, the Gold Eagle Lodge is not directly affiliated with the Gold Eagle Casino next door. However, I have taken the liberty of contacting the Management team at the casino to share with them your disappointment of the smoking concern.

Thank you, again, and we look forward to having the chance to welcome you back!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a month for the last year and a half, and have given it a very positive review. It is the place to stay in North Battleford, but when I went to book a room on June 1st their web site was down so I gave them a call to book a room. I was told they no longer accept
reservations and if I wanted to stay their I would need to call at noon on the day of my arrival and see if their were any rooms available. Like most people I need to plan my trip, and not wait till the day of my arrival to hope they have a room. All they could rudely tell me was their always full so tough luck. I will no longer recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank v98roadstar
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your disappointment and concerns with us.

Unfortunately, during the period around June 1st our website was not down, but rather, “closed out” online, meaning no one could book a room online as our availability was either very low or we were sold out completely from June 2nd – 4th.

We are, and always will be, taking reservations and here to help 24/7. If we are sold out, however, we would not be able to accommodate reservations for the date(s) requested. We may ask you to try back at a later time to see if there have been any cancellations, or we may ask if you would like to be added to our wait list.

I am truly sorry if who you spoke with came across “rude”. Our staff are trained to accommodate all guests as best as possible and we take pride in caring for our guests. With that in mind, we sincerely hope that you will once again consider the Gold Eagle Lodge. If you would provide myself or our General Manager with your contact information we would be pleased to further discuss this matter with you.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we all look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Battlefords.

Kelly Fluney
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is by far the nicest hotel to stay in North Battleford. Rooms are spacious and clean. I believe I was in a standard room and it came with microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee machine. Beds are comfortable. Hotel is quiet. Continental breakfast is decent. Although it would be nice to have some hot food options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for suggestion in regards to adding more hot breakfast items to our continental breakfast; we take all comments into consideration.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a contrast to the Akihito restaurant next door. Here the front desk staff could not have been more courteous or helpful. The room was good, breakfast ok but nothing to rave about. Very clean. Excellent management. Thank you from a weary traveller!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Short business trip. Most of hotels were ranked poorly. Very impressed, clean quiet friendly. Casino with good restaurant nearby. Close to everything, too
Owned by First Nations so has understated FIrst Nations theme. I agree, dont stay anywhere else if in the area.
No concerns. Will be happy to use it again when in the area. Mind, you get what you pay for and it is not cheap.

Room Tip: I had one of the jacuzzi suites, very nice and roomy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us at the Gold Eagle Lodge.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just had my first stay at the Gold Eagle Lodge this weekend. North Battleford is such an unassuming town where everyone seems to know each other, and the GEL is symbolic of that home-town hospitality in a very nice, more-than-average hotel. I would consider this hotel to be the gold standard of hotels in NB.

A mix of business, family, and casino goers, they cater to all. What you'll notice as soon as you walk in, are the smiles from the reservations desk. Kelly and her team go out of their way to make your stay comfortable, even helping you to your room! The cleaning staff are just as pleasant, always greeting you with a "hello" or "good morning" when passing in the hallway.

The rooms are nicely appointed, though I was hoping to get a king suite, the hotel was solidly booked and I was only able to get a double queen which was just fine. The mini fridge and microwave are a bonus. The internet is fast and it works! (something not every hotel can boast about). There is a great pool area and a useful work out room. My room faced the front and though not noisy from the outside, know that when the sunshines from mid afternoon until sun set it will warm the room up. There is a thermostat on the wall for comfort control.

There is a continental breakfast served with is just perfect. Lots of selection and a very friendly dining room staff. Very clean dining room too!

I suppose their could be the potential for some rowdy kids since there are so many families, sports teams, etc. that stay here. There were lots of kids during my stay, and I was aware of some running in the halls around 11pm, but my sense is that the hotels "quiet time" policy is adhered to and one phone call of complaint and this activity would be dealt with.

One of the features I like is that the rooms are non-smoke and the hotel has a very stern policy that if you try to cheat and light up in your room, you will be billed for a cleaning due to smell, and it's not cheap! You may think that your cigarette doesn't leave a smell behind long after you have gone, but you would be terribly wrong so, as they say "take it outside"

I slept well here, but I do have to say, the pillows are a bit annoying, full, but kind of lumpy...put it this way, they don't form well to your head. So travelling with your own might be a good idea. I'm just picky about pillows. This is not a deal breaker!

You can't go wrong staying here. Thanks again to all of the front staff for making my very short stay and lovely experience. I hope to return soon! (next time, a King suite!)

Room Tip: avoid rooms across from elevators, that "ding" could get annoying when the elevator reache...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerard S
Kelly F, Front Office Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for the GOLD review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us here at the Gold Eagle Lodge and that you had a chance to enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer.

The Gold Eagle Lodge would like to thank you for informing us in regards to the lumpy pillows in your room during your stay. We would like to report that the pillows have been promptly removed and replaced with new pillows.

We would love to be able to accommodate you in a King Suite during your next stay and we all look forward to welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Battleford
Battlefords Inn
Battlefords Inn
#3 of 8 in North Battleford
Hanna's Haven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Gold Eagle Lodge? Share your experiences!