“Excellent Stay”

Canalta Hotel Weyburn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weyburn
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed one night in Regina and then on to Weyburn. The Canalta was such a step up from Regina's hotel and a much better price. Room was so spacious, bed was great. The room had extra plugins all over! Glass cups and glass glasses in the room. Lots of towels and they were not like boards.
Also had to use one of their meeting rooms. Well appointed, large screen, tables and a complete refreshment counter. We look forward to staying again. Complimentary breakfast from 5:00 AM till 10:00 AM, in Regina it was 7:00 to 10:00 AM. You could even make a fresh waffle for breakfast. Definitely a 5 rating!!

Room Tip: Top floor, no oil patch workers getting up at 5:00 AM, quieter!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to accommodating you again in the future!!

There are newer reviews for Canalta Hotel Weyburn

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I'm driving the AlCan from Alaska to the Lower 48 and I'm traveling with my fur-child (aka: my dog). I've had very mixed hotel/motel experiences along the way but I can't say enough good things about the Canalta Hotel in Weyburn! The staff is welcoming, professional and very kind. The property is new, clean, well kept and there's plenty of parking for larger vehicles. I parked my truck and UHaul trailer right below my room's window, so I could keep an eye on it. The beds are very comfortable with plenty of pillows. It was a quiet and relaxing place to stay and if I'm ever in Weyburn again, I'll be staying here! Oh and my dog loved it too! He walked into the room, curled up on the floor and went right to sleep!

When I arrived into town, I tried to book into the Ramada next door but after standing at the counter for 10 minutes, ringing the bell on the counter and even using the courtesy phone to call the front desk, no one showed up to help me... so I left. I'm THRILLED to have found the Canalta ... I greatly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Doggie_Mommy99
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate it! I am glad to here that your fur-friend enjoyed their stay as well! I look forward to accommodating you again in the future and hopefully I get to meet you next time!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at the Canalta in Weyburn while I was in town for the Canalta Cup. The hotel is new and nicely up to date. The lobby is modern and nice. Rooms are clean and modern, beds are comfy and they provide a lot of pillows! They are also well-lit with overhead lighting! Bathrooms are clean and the shower was awesome.

Canalta provides a continental breakfast, however, I prefer sleeping to eating breakfast. Co-workers stated it was a nice breakfast with lots of variety.

My only complaint about this hotel is that their maids started cleaning rooms really early and were yelling down the halls at each other, banging doors and vacuuming the floors. Since I didn't have to check out until 11:00 AM I didn't plan on being up until later in the morning. Not only did the maids wake me from my sleep but their loudness kept me from going back to bed as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for your review! I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall, and I assure you that I have dealt with the noisy room attendants and have rectified this problem! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I'm happy to have Canalta hotels in the outskirts of Saskatchewan--a better option than motels.

I tried using your computers (all 3) in your business center and it was a waste of time. I just wanted to print 2 pages of document.

I dont know if your computers are just slow or something. I can't type properly as your keyboards kept getting stuck.i onlypress one letter and hundrds came out then it froze..same thing when I opened the foxfire icon to browse. it opened hundreds with just one click ,and as expected it froze.

everything else is ok in my stay --just the computer not working..not helpful.

your business center is nice.it's a waste as it cannot be use as intended..maybe just for display?

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thank you for your comments. Until I read your review I was not aware that our business center was not working to it full capacity. I have since rectified the problem by calling the company that manages the computers, as we do not at property level. We are very proud of the amenities that we have here to offer our guests and if one of them are not working properly we will try our best to rectify the problem.

Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Should you run into any problem on future visits, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

When we entered our room it was filthy. My spouse immediately started sneezing from all the dust. There were glass rings and sticky patches on every surface, the coffee maker had not been washed, there were finger/hand prints on all the mirrors, oil/tar stains on the bedding, the bathroom sink was covered in hair and there were pubes in the tub. We called the front desk who sent a maid up to re-clean the room. We heard the maid vacuuming but still found chicken bones on the floor and candy wrappers under the bed. The hottub was closed. Get there early for breakfast because they don't refill the juice or other items that run out. The girl who works the front desk is really friendly and sweet, but made several mistakes with our bill and over-charged our credit card - it took more than 45 minutes to check out. It was a terrible, expensive experience. Next time, we will stay at the Ramada (or try to avoid Weyburn altogether).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ericajv
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

I would first of all like to take this time to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Any feedback is great, whether good or bad, especially for training purposes. I assure you that I will be taking your review directly to my housekeeping staff so that they can see what is seen from a guests' point of view.

I would also like to apologize profusely for the inconvenience that was bestowed upon you and your spouse. I assure you that the level of cleanliness that you witnessed is NOT at all the level of cleanliness that we strive for. We strive to be the leaders in our respective industry and I really hope that your stay with us does not deter you from staying with us again.

Again, I am VERY sorry for this inconvenience and assure you that I will be using this feedback to get my newly hired staff to the level of standard that we at Canalta strive for, and are very proud to offer. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Was in Weyburn on business. Had a great stay at the Canalta hotel, comfortable beds, nice room, good internet service. Good breakfast selection, and easy checkout. Very new hotel and with many amenities.

Recommend to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed in the Canalta Hotel in Weyburn, Saskatchewan for three nights in May. The hotel is located on the SW edge of the city on highway 39.
It was constructed in the last 2-3 years so everything is quite new and fresh. It is located close to several fast good restaurants (McDonalds, Tim Horton's and KFC). In addition, it is close to the Canadian Tire and Walmart stores.
The rooms are quite large in size and are nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly as well.
They had a continental type breakfast with toast, muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee and waffles.
It is one of the two top hotels in Weyburn, the other being the Ramada which is located directly beside it. They have free internet and a small business centre where you can print documents if needed.
In addition, they have a nice gym and hot tub area.
Parking is free.
I highly recommend this hotel when staying in Weyburn.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rocks_to_travel
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words, and also for taking the time out of your busy day to post on Trip Advisor about our hotel.

At the Canalta Hotel Weyburn, we strive to be the leaders in our respective industry and I was so please to see that you enjoyed your stay.

If in the Weyburn area again, I look forward to accommodating you and also meeting you!

Thank you again!