“Great Service and Beautiful Location”
Review of 1202 Motor Inn

1202 Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beaver Creek
“Great Service and Beautiful Location”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Rita has been extremely welcoming and helpful to us as we pass through on our way to Haines. The local restaurants were closed in the morning so Rita offered to make us some breakfast sandwiches even though that isn't something she normally does. Excellent service and hospitality. Note: previous negative reviews were from previous owner.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jeremy L
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2015
I thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you again should you come by this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The 1202 Motor Inn is a sweet little establishment recently under new management by a woman named Rita and her husband. My brother and I came in from the cold, wet morning for a hot cup of coffee and 4 breakfast sandwiches, yes they were that good. They have a well stocked grocery with about everything you need as well as a gift shop with fairly priced goods. Rita was a sweetheart and treated these two travelers well. We didn't stay in the rooms but if her service was any indication we definitely will next time we pass through!

• Stayed June 2014
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2015
Even if someone does not stay the night we try to make everyone feel comfortable and have all of their needs met. Thanks again for the good conversation.
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the 1202 motor inn on my way to catch the ferry in haines alaska. It was older but clean, The staff friendly. There is not alot of choice in Beaver Creek this time of the year or ever I dont imagine, but for the price we paid we were satisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie L
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2015
I thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We called ahead to make a reservation.
When we arrived, we asked to look at the room first.
There was a very helpful and friendly young woman who gave us the key.
The room was clean but the smell of raw sewage was overwhelming maybe due to a broken pipe under the trailer.
When we notified the young woman in the office that we were not going to stay, I asked if they would be charging us and she said no that they would have no problem renting the room.
I asked if she would be destroying our reservation deposit and she assured me that she would.
We then read of the woman who had been dismissed for having charged a person who had cancelled before.
Sure enough, we now have to contact our credit card to ask them to stop payment on the charge.
Shame on you.
You did not have a cancellation policy so you need to stand behind your word.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2015
I wanted to let you know 1202 Motor inn is now under new Management. We strive every day to make some kind of positive change each day.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Not a lot of choice in Beaver Creek and too far to carry on driving. Went to the Tourist Info office and they rang this one for us. They had one room (New Room) available at $89 incl tax.
Room is attached to store and has 1 x QS bed and en-suite. Room was clean and comfortable and the WiFi works fine.
It is a log cabin style room with squeaky floors, a working fridge, microwave and TV.
Bed was very comfortable and we got a great nights sleep.
It is room only and no breakfast.
I would definitely recommend it as being good value and would have no hesitation to go back there if passing thru Beaver Creek again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J0hnMcKay
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2015
Thank you for choosing 1202 Motor Inn. We have recently made upgrades to all of our rooms including new beds, linens and TV's with satellite. We look forward to seeing you again.
Death Valley National Park, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I ended up stopping here on the way to catch a ferry in haines. I would definately get the deluxe room. Its actually quite large, comes with wifi and is generally very good. The people are very nice and they helped me with all of the questions that I had. I don't know why people rated it down but I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2015
Thanks for the review. 1202 Motor Inn is under new management and I felt passionate about responding to all reviews. Please stop in and see us again and see all of the changes we have done to the place!
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Upon arriving, we decided to not stay here and continue on our road trip. This had nothing to do with the condition of the establishment. The young girl at the counter said that she would have no problem canceling it, (we had made the reservation about 2 hrs prior to arriving). We were then charged the full amount by the owner the next day and was told that the young girl had been fired because of situations like this. She also told me that the reason I didn't stay there was because I thought the building looked old. Glad I used my credit card, I gave a full explanation to the CC company and they gladly refunded us. Apparently this place has a "reputation".

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lhumphre10
Rita M, Manager at 1202 Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2015
I wanted to let you know 1202 Motor Inn is now under new Management. We strive every day to make some kind of positive change each day.

Been to 1202 Motor Inn? Share your experiences!