We spent a week at the Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort. We have friends and family who have stayed here, and we knew this place was highly recommended by fishermen. The purpose of our trip was not fishing, but relaxation-- walking on the beach, swimming and snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez. The Sea of Cortez was glorious--dark blue and turquoise with gentle waves and a perfect temperature for swimming. The beach provided good walking in both directions. The snorkeling was not very good--possibly because of all the boats coming in and out. The hotel itself was a little run-down. There were not enough cushions for the cheap, plastic beach chairs at the pool and at the two cabanas on the beach. The cushions available were old and stained. The pool was nice, the food good, and the service at the restaurant left a little to be desired, but wasn't terrible. The rooms were clean, but very simple--painted a bright orange, The bathroom was very small. The most charming aspect of this reosrt was the beautiful vegetation and fountains--tropical flowers and plants with picturesque fountains and lovely views throughout the property. Their service driving you back and forth to the airport was very good with a competent driver and a comfortable van. The ride itself was a little depressing because of all the trash along the roadside--but this is Mexico, not Hawaii. Not sure I'd return, but the fishmen seemed to have a very good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista hotel is located in Baja California, Mexico overlooking the Sea of Cortez . It offers a variety of activities , peaceful rooms and excellent facilities . Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort features Mediterranean- style guestrooms with private patios furnished with hammocks. El Navegante restaurant serves traditional Mexican dishes for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Guests can order nachos while soaking up the sun by the pool or take a drink at the poolside bar . After dinner you can go to the bar El Pescador and enjoy a drink . Just minutes from the Buena Vista Beach Hotel offers activities such as fishing, diving and horse riding. You can also explore the 50 km of beach, or play a game of tennis . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Buenavista
- Resort Buena Vista Beach
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort Mexico/Buenavista