My wife and I stayed 2 nights here after reading how "pet friendly" they were and we selected the meal plan (don't do it). They have a pet policy that states you must keep your pets on a leash in public areas and even mentions food areas but on the beach they can be off the leash. Perfect. So we thought. After a long drive we arrived around 1:00pm and were starving. We took our 2 well behaved dogs, on their leashes, to the outside patio restaurant only to be told by the waiter dogs were not allowed. Even though the owners dog was in the restaurant off of a leash and I have to say the most unfriendly golden retriever I've ever met! Growled at our dogs so we left and sat at the pool bar where the bartender didn't really know if they were allowed or not. Btw the grumpy golden retriever followed us there without a leash! We asked for a menu and he informed us the meal plan we signed up for was only available at the restaurant we had just been kicked out of. So, leaving the wife and dogs at the pool bar I went to the restaurant for a menu cause that would have been asking too much of this bartender. The waiter who kicked us out gave me a menu and didn't seem like he really wanted to help me but he gave me a menu anyways. I returned to let my wife look over the menu and we made our selections, fish tacos and grilled fish plate. When I returned to the restaurant the waiter THEN informed me they didn't have enough fish so they needed to save the fish for dinner. I couldn't believe he didn't tell me that when I got the menus or that they did have fish but we couldn't have any. I almost packed it up and went to another hotel but I returned to my wife again to make another selection. I chose the steak tacos with Serrano peppers and she chose a vegetable soup and chicken salad. After 3 trips back and forth from the pool bar to the restaurant (cause neither employee wanted to do any work) we got our food. I got plain beef, incredibly fatty, in 3 tacos. No serranos in site. My wife got her soup and it was ok. The chicken salad was not a salad. It was like a tuna salad with mayonnaise, not at all what the description said. She hates mayo so that went untouched. The next morning we tried the breakfast and it was discusting. Never had such a greasy meal. Needless to say we never tried to eat there again the entire weekend and spent our time in Los Barrillas. This place is so run down and outdated and the food is terrible. The rooms are clean but with no TV, light bulbs out and the hardest bed I've ever slept in it isn't worth the money and the "meal plan" certainly isn't worth it. The owners are hypocrites if they allow their grumpy dog to roam free on the property when paying guests can't bring well trained, well behaved dogs around on leashes like the "pet policy" states. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista hotel is located in Baja California, Mexico overlooking the Sea of Cortez . It offers a variety of activities , peaceful rooms and excellent facilities . Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort features Mediterranean- style guestrooms with private patios furnished with hammocks. El Navegante restaurant serves traditional Mexican dishes for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Guests can order nachos while soaking up the sun by the pool or take a drink at the poolside bar . After dinner you can go to the bar El Pescador and enjoy a drink . Just minutes from the Buena Vista Beach Hotel offers activities such as fishing, diving and horse riding. You can also explore the 50 km of beach, or play a game of tennis . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Buenavista
- Resort Buena Vista Beach
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort Mexico/Buenavista