BajaCactus Motel
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel(San Quintin)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$32
US$31
Old Mill Hotel(San Quintin)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
All reviewsbaja cactusdriving downsecure parkingincredible valuesan diegothree roomsdeluxe roomplace to stayfree wifigreat stopgood nights sleeptiled showerhot waterguerrero negrorooms are largecomfortable bedlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Easily one of the nicest rooms to be found in all of Baja. Clean, great secured parking and a friendly staff. They need to get their website finished so reservations will be easier to make. Glad that this is a 'pet friendly' motel as I always travel with a small dog.

Room Tip: I like to arrive early and hope to get room 101. Parking right out the front door makes loading the car a snap! Wish they had a really good restaurant nearby. Mama Espinosas' next door is adequate, but hardly outstanding and is rather pricey.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was awesome. I booked two rooms in advance over the phone about 4 weeks ahead of schedule, I had no confirmation number etc. The person I talked with spoke limited English and I speak limited Spanish, so I wasn't really sure if I would have a room at all!!! We were running late and I had read on many reviews of travels in Baja that people who arrive late sometimes find their rooms given away. I called about 3pm. to say we were running late, but would be there. They said fine, no problema !! Arrived in the dark to find our rooms ready and received a warm and friendly greeting from the staff. They took our charge cards no problem, with the exchange rate it ended up being $35 US dollars.... Wasn't sure what I would find in my room for that price... But was completely surprised and delighted to find a charming, clean, well appointed room with lovely linens, bedding and a bathroom with walk in shower and seat. I couldn't have been more amazed. We had the two rooms UPSTAIRS OVER THE OFFICE... Can't remember the numbers, but they were GREAT!!!!! Best room we had in a 20 day trip ( besides resorts rooms in Pescadero and La Paz ) highly recommend it, and Mama Espinoza's is two doors down. Enjoy !!!

Room Tip: Book room over the office
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our first stop on our Baja Motorcycle Trip. We were NOT expecting something this nice! Nicer than most places we stay at on trips through the USA. The fit and finish is rustic Mexican and it is very clean. Having several beds in one room really helped too since we were a group of three. We each had our own bed with one to spare. This is the perfect place to stop for Motorcyclists. While you cannot push the bikes into your room. There is no need too as the wall is high enough that your motorcycles are "out of sight out of mind".

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed last night at a "five star" hotel in Loreto that cost $200/USD per night. Okay it was a resort and was nice, but for $500 pesos at the Baja Cactus I can honestly say the room was probably close to the five star. It's a no-brainer. Ask for the new rooms. Pet friendly!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mantamike
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Love this hotel! We drive the Baja every year, both ways, and stop here every chance we get, depends on the time of day we arrive in town. Great staff and Mama Esponosa's is just next door. A real jewel at the price of costume jewelry!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the back but all rooms are quiet enough.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple