“Where to go to hit the reset button...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tecate
Rancho La Puerta Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tecate
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Where to go to hit the reset button...”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

There is no place like The Ranch. This place is magical...from the aromatic plantings EVERYWHERE to the natural beauty of Mount Kuchama, to the friendliest staff you'll find anywhere, a week at The Ranch is the ultimate dose of wellness medicine. You can do nothing but rest or do every fitness activity under the sun. This place is all about taking care of mind, body and spirit. It truly is a vacation that will stay with you long after you return home.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lisa A
Roberto A, Chief Executive at Rancho La Puerta Spa at Rancho La Puerta Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review! We are so happy that you experienced the magic of the Ranch during your trip - and that you took it home with you as well. We look forward to having you back at the Ranch!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My 19 year old daughter and I spent a week here in July and it was truly magical. I was concerned that she might not like it, being one of the youngest people there, but she had as good if not better a time than I did. We had wonderful dinners meeting interesting and fun people, loved the classes, meditations and the morning hikes. This was my third time at RLP.

The staff, classes and accommodations were great. We stayed in Flores, near the dining hall, which was fine, but in the future, I will stay in Sol, which is very private and has an unobstructed view of the mountain. There is also a lovely and quiet pool area in the Sol villas that we loved, near the wine bar.

I cannot say enough good things about the cooking school and the dinner and wine pairing that Denise Roa prepared at the school for several of us on our arrival Saturday eve. This is something new that they are trying. Definitely respond "yes" to that invitation! The setting was like something out of movie and each course was incredibly fresh, innovative and delicious. It truly was a "wow."

If I have any disappointment at all, it is that the food in the dining hall for dinners this time didn't seem quite as good as in the past (it was more institutional) and the Qi Gong classes are not being offered any more. They really were special.

All in all, still can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The further from the road you are, the quieter it will be. i.e. Sol Villas
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are pleased to hear that you had an incredible vacation with your daughter! It’s great that you had such an amazing time overall, and that Chef Denise’s dinner was a highlight. We are grateful for your feedback about the dining hall, as our motto is “Siempre Mejor” (Always Better). While overall we receive positive reviews on our cuisine, we will address your thoughts with the Chef. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you and your daughter back at The Ranch!
Locust Valley, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I can't begin to explain what a wonderful week we had at the Ranch! This was relaxing but energizing at the same time. Up at 6am to hike, then exercise, meditate, swim, listen to amazing speakers, cook and talk to interesting people over the best meals that are healthy and vegetarian. The spa was very nice with great massages and treatments. So many activities but time to relax at the beautiful pools or sit on your patio and read. Loved it all! Can't wait to go back
My friend and I had a two bedroom villa with so much room, clean and well maintained with lovely living space. The bathrooms were beautiful and clean with robes and amazing smelling products.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lws1515
It’s wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing experience at The Ranch! We are glad that you took advantage of all of the activities – from relaxing at the spa and hiking in the morning to taking the cooking class. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Rogersville, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a two week solo trip to the Ranch hoping to brush up on a healthier lifestyle. My trip turned out to be exactly what I needed. My time was spent hiking, practicing Pilates, taking Hydro Fit classes, nutrition lectures, and dance. For fun I spent time in the art studio making jewelry and caught a game of Barry Bingo. There are two spas on the property, and they have mastered the deep tissue massage. I also went to the La Cocina Cooking School on the property and had a great time learning some new dishes.
The grounds and buildings are immaculate and beautiful. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I stayed in Villa Sol the first week and it has beautiful views of the mountains, it is a far walk but that seemed like a good thing. My second week was spent in Flores and it is close to everything.
Having never practiced a vegetarian diet I was a little nervous that I wouldn't enjoy the meals. I loved the meals. And there were always options at dinner. It was great to eat organic, sugar free and unrefined for two whole weeks. My energy level was improved.
The other guests were very friendly and it was an encouraging atmosphere to try new classes. I made many friends and had great conversations but I also had plenty of solitude, peace and quiet. My favorite things were the Dove Meditation Hike and the dance classes led by Manuel.
I was impressed with the Ranch, it was everything I had hoped. I booked my next trip before I went home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank zzkb
Thank you so much for your beautiful review! We are thrilled to hear that your Ranch experience boosted your energy and provided relaxation. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the culinary elements of the Ranch as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rancho la Puerta is the place to have fun; relax; become healthier; and meet interesting people. It all happens in a pristine, beautiful location where every turn reveals magnificent landscaping and sweeping mountain views. Just one hour from San Diego, you could be a million miles away. Excellent, well prepared food and a seemingly endless list of hikes, activities and classes but some people choose to lie in a hammock all day and read. The staff makes everything seamless and it never feels crowded or hurried. There are always plenty of lounges at the many pools, enough towels; and seating in the dining room. It is hard to leave after a week but you know you will return soon.

Room Tip: Try some things you have nerve tried before: tai chi? cooking classes? pilates? Fun with friends...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan S
Roberto A, Chief Executive at Rancho La Puerta Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and for sharing your experience with future guests. We are glad to hear that you had a relaxing and fulfilling time, and felt the magic of the lovely environment The Ranch is nestled in. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
seattle
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a place to renew and recharge your batteries. Hiking, meditation, yoga, sculpture class, gardening, sunshine, swimming pools, spa treatments and great times with friends... It was a life changing week for me and I am still maintaining my daily meditation practice. Will go back again next year!

Room Tip: I really liked being near the new Wine Bar and next to the swimming pool. It was a long walk to all...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisa h
It warms our hearts to know that your week at The Ranch gave you the rejuvenation you needed and that you are continuing your practice at home. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had the time of my life. I can't say enough about the lodging, food, instructors, beautiful grounds, amazing hikes, variety of sports activities, seminars and the amazing people who work there! It was life changing. Truly magical!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vacationkw511
We are so glad that you had a wonderful time, and are incredibly moved to hear that your experience was life changing. Thank you for this review and we hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tecate
Hotel Villas de Santiago Inn
#3 of 43 in Tijuana
Hyatt Place Tijuana
Hyatt Place Tijuana
#1 of 43 in Tijuana

Been to Rancho La Puerta Spa? Share your experiences!