“WELL.... AT LEAST IT WAS CLEAN”
Review of Motel La Hacienda

Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tecate
Motel La Hacienda
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tecate
Mexicali, Mexico
“WELL.... AT LEAST IT WAS CLEAN”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Actually we planned on staying two nights but ONE NIGHT was enough for us! First NO HOT WATER... darn little heat (first snow storm of the year), toilet took 20 minutes to fill so you could flush it...I hope you like to "cuddle" because the beds are so "sway-back" you both end up in the middle! With the room "heat" on full blast all night, the one blanket and the bedspread kept us from frezzing.... well that and out "cuddle"... bathtub has no anti-slep strips and turns to a skating rink when wet....To get into the bar you need to submit to being "frisked" Police style by their "security"! At about 12:30 there was a woman who started screaming - I thought she was being raped in the parking lot... my wife and I were going to call the police when we figured out it was from the room next door!

Before you think that I am some foolish American who has never traveled, I live in Mexico full time and constantly travel... the place MIGHT be OK in the summer if you can't get a room any place esle... rate was $450 mex pescos or about $35.75US for one bed ,two people.

Room Tip: Better place two blocks towards TJ on the other side of the road.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 11 September 2008

good hotel, i paid 50 bucks for one day two beds. there is a bar next door about 10 steps from the hotel lol. so you can go to the bar, dance the banda music, drink some tecate light as much as you can and just crawl back to your room lol

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank tecatelite
California
Reviewed 12 January 2008

I'm sharing this review because I couldn't find anything on TripAdvisor in the budget range (really couldn't find anything at all beyond the resort spa) in Tecate, so I had to just show up in town and
ask around for a decent hotel. There aren't many hotels/motels in Tecate, so one's choices are pretty limited. I was recommended this place by people from the Cruz Roja that I approached in the street!

It's a small hotel without many amenities but the outside decor does have some charm. There is a restaurant attached to the motel, but it's
only open from 8 am until 4 pm (and only until noon on Mondays). There
is also a bar above the restaurant that I believe is only open on weekends. The rooms have televisions with cable and telephones (the old rotary dial type). It's very clean and the I felt safe there for the three days I stayed. The staff was friendly and helpful, although you may have issues if you don't speak Spanish. The one downside of this place is that it is really not in walking distance to the center of town, so expect to pay about $4 for a taxi to get there or to the border.

I was told by a couple taxi drivers that the only other reputable hotels for tourists are the Hotel Juarez in the center of town and the
El Dorado, which isn't far from this place going towards the town center. I did stop at the El Dorado but didn't like the looks of it. It reminded me very much of an old 70s'-style motel with no personality whatsoever.

All in all, Motel La Hacienda was a decent place to stay and quite economical at 400 pesos, or about $37, per night.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Far from center of town
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank JustMeInCalifornia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tecate
Motel Leon
Santuario Diegueno Hotel Boutique
Rancho Tecate Resort
Rancho Tecate Resort
#2 of 3 in Tecate

Been to Motel La Hacienda? Share your experiences!