“Good night of Food & Entertainment”
Review of Los Telares

Los Telares
Ranked #32 of 154 Restaurants in Ajijic
Price range: US$90 - US$200
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Went to Los Terares on their Steak & BBQ night with local duo singing country songs
The BBG Ribs and the vegetables were excellent. The steak was typical Mexican very thin with some tough spots. Would recommend the Ribs.
The couple playing was very good and they do have a small dance area which we used.
This garden setting was comfortable and the staff very attentive.
Would go back

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We just happened on to Los Telares after being hungry and reading their menu outside the door. Lovely garden seating, peaceful. Very good service. My husband ordered the chicken mole, which he loved. The waiter came over to our table and told us the ancient history of how mole came be be, that was fun. We had a late lunch and it was not busy, but it did pick up as we were there. I had the vampire shrimp (shrimp wrapped all up in bacon) served on a plate with toasted cheese on the bottom of the plate and a sweet sauce on top of that. I thought the bacon over powered the shrimp which I could not even taste (shrimp a bit too small for me, rather have less shrimp but bigger). I removed all the bacon from the shrimp and still could not taste the shrimp. The sauce was over powering and I held my plate up so sauce would run off the cheese and puddle by itself. I wanted to pour the sauce off my plate but had no where to put it. I think it would be better to serve the sauce on the side. I am not a fan of this dish. I'm sure others love it. I would return but order something different.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stopped in at Los Telares one afternoon for a nice cold beer and found the gardens to be beautiful. The menu looked great so went back for dinner a few nights later. The sea bass was served with a tomatoes, onions, and caper salsa and was delicious! Fish perfectly cooked and the tomato salsa didn't overpower the delicate fish. The steamed veggies were spot on - not too crunchy and not to mushy. Unfortunately, it was a slow evening and I was the only person there. This good food deserves more customers. Fortunately, since it was a slow evening I had the opportunity to talk to Ricardo about the area which was a bonus since I was there to see if I could relocated to Ajijic. Service was excellent and the margarita was pretty tasty. I will be back on my return.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had a very good dinner here, especially the soup as a first course. They serve wine generously, and the service was first rate, friendly and happy! The garden setting is quite lovely, too.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had an arrachera (flank steak) for 135 pesos with a Nochebuena beer (30 pesos). The steak was OK, but the baked potato and grilled onions were lukewarm, perhaps not even that. The meat was of good size, probably about 16oz, and it was delivered medium rare, although I ordered it medium. For a free appetizer, they had ceviche, which was OK. This place could do a bit better with the food, with relatively little more effort. Make sure your meal is hot, or ask for them to heat it for you if not.

The waiters were friendly and the waiting time for my food was about 15 minutes. It was 2pm and the restaurant was about the 1/3 full.