All reviews other guests beautiful courtyard small hotel within walking distance gracious hosts luis elaine fountain village mexico hostess guadalajara camaraderie patio chapala suggestions tequila
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Ajijic Suites is ideally located in a quiet part of town, with shops, services, the main square and local buses close by. My suite, accessed from the charming garden courtyard, was spotlessly clean, comfortable and well maintained. The well-equipped kitchenette provided all that I needed to make breakfast and the occasional light dinner. Above all, the hospitality offered by Elaine and Luis is exceptional--warm, friendly, attentive, helpful, kind and thoughtful. They truly create a home away from home for their guests. Access to VOIP and local phones plus WiFi help visitors stay connected, while the personal laundry service, available for a small fee, is a terrific bonus for people staying for a while. I feel very fortunate that I chose this as my snowbird residence for a month, and could not imagine staying anywhere else in the area.

1  Thank dondento
LaDuena, Owner at Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you, Donna, for taking the time to write such a helpful review about your stay with us. We very much enjoyed the pleasure of your company, particularly our viewing of season 3 of "Downton Abbey", with English tea & shortbread biscuits! We very much look forward to your return to "the family"next year!

Reviewed 26 January 2013

If you're looking for a clean, well-furnished and maintained apartment (with in-room cooking facilities no less!), in a convenient location and at the right price, look no further. I found Ajijic Suites to be perfect for the two nights I stayed there. The hosts, Elaine and Luis, are welcoming and very accommodating and have done a great job with the interior decorations of the entire hotel including the lovely and peaceful garden courtyard. Estuve muy satisfecho!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
LaDuena, Owner at Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this very complimentary review, Lawrence. It was a pleasure having you to stay, albeit for such a short time, & we were glad to have been able to provide you with a clean & comfortable base from which to explore this wonderful area. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us here at Ajijic Suites (on Hidalgo)¡

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Staying at Ajijic Suites for 2 weeks has been a great pleasure for me. Elaine and Luis have been very hospitable and helpful in many ways. I have also enjoyed the quiet and central location of this cosy little hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
LaDuena, Owner at Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us, Klaus. We were glad you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed your company. It makes a particularly pleasant change having another European to chat with. We were glad you were able to hire a cycle & use that as a means of getting out & about & exploring the surrounding area. Hopefully you've gone home with "food for thought" & we'll see you again some time in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Ajijic Suites is a very convenient and economical place to stay in Ajijic. It has a quiet location, yet is close to everything. Its hosts are very friendly and helpful. Having Luis both pick you up and drop you off at the airport is the best way to go. He did this for me cheerfully in spite of the far too early am time of day! Elaine is very helpful in planning any activities you might want to do. Great hosts, great location, great weather! What more can I say, except that I wish my stay had been longer.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
LaDuena, Owner at Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thanks for taking the trouble to write a helpful review, Bruce! We enjoyed your company, albeit briefly, & hope to see you again another time when the cold, damp & grey weather in Canada compels you to seek some sun & warmth here in friendly Mexico!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

After having a house in Manzanillo for over 5 years, I finally ventured into the Sierra Madres to visit Ajijic that I had heard so much about. Ajijic Suites was the perfect place to stay with a wonderful room, hospitality, and central to everything we wanted to see. I visited with a girlfriend of mine, but will definitely be returning with my husband for a few days on our next stay in Manzanillo. Ajijic is in a beautiful setting, wonderful people and has a great climate. We really enjoyed the trip. Thank you Elaine and Luis for all your information and warm hospitality. Maribeth and Lala.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for the complimentary review, Maribeth! It was a pleasure having you & Lala to stay & we were glad that your stay was both enjoyable & rewarding! The nearby town of Tonala offers a plethora of artisan works at reasonable prices & I was relieved that even an interior designer/decorator (like you) could get "just the lamps" she was looking for! We look forward to the pleasure of your company again in the future - this time with your husband!