“Disappointed”
Review of Casa Tres Leones

Casa Tres Leones
Ranked #2 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The rooms were nice enough, and garden area lovely. However, each breakfast was worse than the previous. Emile was abrasive at times and not hospitable. Will never stay there again. Even the coffee was bad. I think they reuse the grinds. Don't sit on patio. Cushions are wet from roof leaks. Maid banging on door at 8:30 to clean. Pull........eeze, I'm trying to rest. Found the place I will stay next time I travel there.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon W
casatresleones, Owner at Casa Tres Leones, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

You know it obviously takes all types and despite all the excellent reviews from most of the guests who come here we listen to any complaints.
We were very disappointed when these 3 fairy tale 'sisters' arrived as they had been referred to us by very good friends whom we like very much!
They were not even civil to one another - spoke in decibels so that all could hear them - they were so unpleasant that our guests in the adjacent room cheered when they left.
They enjoyed our all day muffins and sweets and polished them off after dinner on a nightly basis.
Maybe THEY would re-use coffee grinds but WE certainly never have.
I wish I knew where they would go next. This is a small town and we'd certainly warn those hosts!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Really nice place, everything is fine, you feel like you´re in the paradise, all, all is very good, excelent Allis and Emilio, the breakfast great, an amazing place, all I can said is not possible, you must visit and have a very good experience, lovely place.......Carlos y Patricia.

Room Tip: all are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

From our first steps into the garden area to a peaceful night's rest at the end of the day.....it was a perfect stay at Casa Tres Leones! Our host, Emile, not only served us lovely breakfasts each day, but called each of us, in our group of 14, by name! Impressive and welcoming! We were in town for meetings and found it to be a great location for going and coming, as well as refreshing after a day of meetings. I would and already have recommended this wonderful bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Beautiful and elegant. Breakfasts were wonderful. Emile and Alex were friendly and accommodating hosts. Only downside was wi-fi is not available in the room we were in but could pick it up close to the main part of the house. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 383shelleyw
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here prior to the new ownership so cannot speak to any changes. The rooms are charming and delightful and the views couldn't be better. I loved staying there because of the peaceful setting and wonderful accomodations.

Room Tip: They all were unique and lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have just returned to the UK having had a magical stay at Casa Tres Leones on a slight hill above the charming village of Ajijic. The hosts Alix and Emile are as advertised - great cooks, not only breakfast, the home made bran muffins and delicacies provided to accompany the endless coffee and tea were delicious (and healthy). To be able to come and go as you please all day was also a bonus, B & Bs here - have to be vacated by 11am and no reutn until dusk !! As the sun rose, waking to the sound of birds and then the wonderful view of the magic lake and mountains was breathtaking. As Laura Santos, journalist contributing to the magazine of Air Mexico wrote "its the only place to stay in Ajijic". Thankyou Alix and Emile for an unforgettable holiday in the most beautiful surroundings. Nellie Duff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Casa Tres Leones in Ajijic, Mexico because we were attending a wedding in Lake Chapala. The units are extremely clean, comfortable and close to the town square. I am gluten intolerant and have other food allergies. The owners made the extra effort to provide me with food that I could eat for breakfast......which was wonderful!!!! It made my (and our) stay more enjoyable. I would go there again!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple