La Nueva Posada
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstop floorlake chapalathe ownerview of the lakegarden restaurantthird floorbeautiful hotelsliding glass dooroverlooking the gardenmaid service every dayhot cakeslakefront locationnice balconycomplimentary breakfastenjoyable weekgrand staircaserooms are clean and spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spent two nights in the hotel during July during the rainy season. Found the room and accommodations somewhat dated but very clean and nice. Food and service was also very good. Located right on the lake. Owners very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms are available either pool-side or with a view of the lake.Breakfast was included in the price of the room which was close to $100 per night (US)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank carmela2008
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was our first trip to Ajijic and our stay at La Nueva Posada was very relaxing. We had a very nice suite on the top floor overlooking the lake. Our room was large and very clean. The view wonderful. We loved sipping our morning coffee out on our private terrace overlooking the garden and lake. The wait staff at morning breakfast were terrific, as was the breakfast! We met the owner, Mike and his mother, and they were very helpful. Every day Mike inquired about our plans for the day and gave us suggestions of what to see and do in Ajijic and the surrounding areas. We plan on returning to Ajijic and we will definitely stay at La Nueva Posada again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was met by the owner (Mike) when I checked in. He made my stay a memorable one. He checked in with me every day to ask how my stay was going and if he could help with any my planned destinations in Ajijic. The La Nueva Posada was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and eager to help. It felt like I was a friend immediately. The room was spacious and quiet. The restaurant was outstanding and the chef (Lorraine) was a delight to talk to. Her prepared food was delicious. Any future visits to Ajijic, I will certainly stay at the Nueva Posada.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Binky007
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at La Nueva Posada at the beginning and the end of our two week trip around Mexico. We arrived late from the airport on our first night, but the very helpful night watchman was expecting us and promptly showed us to our room. Our only complaint about the room was that it was carpeted, and smelled like it had been recently treated with carpet freshener. I don't know why anyone in Mexico would use wall to wall carpeting. The shower was excellent with lots of hot water. The included breakfast was superb in a lovely restaurant. We had to leave fairly early on our second day, so the staff at the restaurant were a bit rushed and I think our first coffee was Nescafe, but otherwise the coffee and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank billorri
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed five nights during Thanksgiving holiday. Close to everything Ajijic and on the shore of Lake Chapala. We will return. This community may be my retirement home. Gringos from U.S. and Canada are plentiful and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2012