Doesn't look like much from the outside, but Bruno's has been a fixture in Ajijic since the 1990's, when it was started by Bruno. It is now run by his grandson Kelton and his mother Vicki (a very experienced restauranteur).
Here's what you won't find: over priced food, an extensive wine list, a fully stocked bar and "to die for"ambiance [but you can't eat ambiance].
But here is what you will find:
• The best steak, hamburgers, arrechera, prime rib specials, liver & onions, meatloaf and mac & cheese + much more
• Unbelievable baked potatoes, corn on the cob, veggies
• The ultimate in salad dressings, from a "secret" recipe handed down thru three generation
• A friendly and attentive staff, with Kelton or Vicki in attendance a lot of the time
• A spotless kitchen, and front grill area
• Fantastic prices: lunches start at $55 MXN and don't go much higher; a nice size filet (known as Lady's Cut-the "smaller" cut - plenty for me!) at dinner is only $140 MXN, with the sides.
To say that Bruno's is my "go-to" restaurant is completely accurate. Whether it is lunch or dinner, I can depend on the quality and service. BTW - if you are in Ajijic during the high season, you may have to call ahead for a table...yes, it is that popular. And if you can't get a seat, try again another time...or get take out.
Do not miss this Ajijic gems!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.