“Reliable ristorante” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ajijic, Mexico
“Reliable ristorante”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you crave that great italianfood restaurant, this place will have you returning. The fresh pasta is always perfect and the sauces right. The seafood specials are always a good choice and the veal con fungi a favourite. Service is friendly and attentive

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gilles B

Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Excellent Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The owners are an Italian couple, Gracia and Giovanni. One of them is always at the restaurant. Everything is always freshly made, and after your order is taken they bring you not flatbread with olive oil and balsamec vineger to dip it in. Our favorite dishes are the gnocchi with gargonzola sauce, their homemade lasaña, and grillete veggies. The pizzas are great and their desserts are The BEST. I love the panacotta and tiramisu. In the fall, they return to Italy for a month and return with delicious wines and truffles!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Susan T
Chapala, Mexico
“"Nothing great about it"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

It has been about the fourth time that I have tried this restaurant. It's ok. When I go out for dinner though I want to have the "going out for dinner" experience. For a sit down and be served meal I expect more. I found the food to be over priced and the taste just so-so. Pretty well anybody could whip up at home most of what was offered on the menu. The staff was not unpleasant but certainly not welcoming. I suppose one could classify that as unfriendly. There was no language barrier as our table had both English and Spanish speaking guests, so no excuses on that.
Oh well, if I really crave ordinary Italian and I am overly lazy or out of propane to cook with, I may go back. Like I said......It's ok.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank repdom23
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Living on Past Reputation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We ate here for the second time and were greatly disappointed, I ordered the veal and it was tasteless and extremely tough. Also, the young waitress snatched the plates from our tables without asking if we were finished. Many people like this restaurant and recommend it but not us. I mentioned to the owner that the veal was tough on the way out of the restaurant and he remarked "we sell lots of it" and walked away. Well, if he doesn't care to hear negative remarks I will tell my family and friends to avoid this place!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Xiomara G
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Basic but pricey Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Good italian food with decent servings, but pricy and often uneven in quality. Service good, friendly.

Visited March 2013