“an enjoyable little place”

Johanna's Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 161 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: German
Description: Delicious Meals with an Austrian, German, French, Austrian and Mexican touch. Nice setting where you can enjoy the Lakeside and Food. Fast and Kind Service.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

enjoyed the atmosphere and the cuisine. The manager was friendly and courteous . He encouraged the lighter side of life. The review by Tim000 needs to lighten up. When an apology was offered ,it was snubbed. One of the 4some is very hard of hearing and speaks and laughs louder than most people, Why would you choose a table right beside four males enjoying a meal together when other tables were available much further away. My wife and I returned this evening with friends and had an pleasant experience. I would return again and will

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I go weekly to this restaurant for the schnitzel which she loves. I have tested most of the rest of the menu and have yet to find anything I have not enjoyed.
Recommended for good value meals with excellent red wine.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was there with my wife at 1:30 pm. I table of men were drinking and very loud. Their language was bad as well as their jokes.
The owner or manager did not do anything about it. They were leaving and he invited them to come back in and gave them a bottle of wine.
Not a nice place to eat and we will not return.

1  Thank 0000Tim0000
LuisG g, Propietario at Johanna's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

As an owner was present in the moment and is true that I gave for free a bottle of wine for the table of 4 very nice people who were having a real good time. I didn't hear any bad words or insults from them in anytime, they were just telling jokes between them, and I liked to have a cheerful and happy restaurant.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

A converted living room serves as the space for hungry visitors of the Lake Chalapa area. Authentic dishes from the mostly southern German regions. The lovely owner - Rodrigo - actually speaks German as well. Overall a great little place for a tasty lunch.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Yes, the ambiance is lacking and no one spoke German the afternoon of our visit, but the food was tasty. Enjoyed the 55 Peso Wienerscnitzel special and it did not disappoint. We also tried the Eisbein, good but we thought a bit overpriced. I'd say if you want a nice German meal in Mexico...this might be the only place to do so in a large radius.