“I finally gave in and had a fish taco!”
Review of Lake Taco

Lake Taco
Ranked #27 of 145 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Mexican
Littleton, Colorado
“I finally gave in and had a fish taco!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have a slight prejudice against fish. Tuna fish in a can is good, raw fish in a sushi joint is fine (no eel please), or a nicely grilled piece of salmon can be very nice......but put it in a taco?.... wait a minute, that just isn’t right. Well I have been wrong for a long time on that one. Had a fish taco and shrimp taco at this nice outside joint and really loved them. Fresh, very tasty with a cool condiment bar. Pair the tacos with a really good michelada, and you have the elements of a great lunch. Fish tacos are on my menu from now on.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jeff W

Oakland, California
“An amazing bargain for food and ambience”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lake Taco is amazing. The restaurant is attractive, all outdoors under a palapa-style tall roof, with views of Lake Chapala and the mountains.
The food is very good indeed. They specialize in seafood, either grilled or deep fried. The fish tacos are excellent: fresh and delicious. There is a bar of condiments, including three fresh salsa plus cut limes, plus other bottled condiments.
The service is cheerful and attentive.
This place is a huge asset to the lunch scene in Ajijic.

Visited July 2014
Lake Chapala
“Great food!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Everyone has been talking about the tacos at Lake Taco. I want to tell you about the other food. Their fish and salad entree is perfect for someone on a strict diet...salad dressing and fish sauce on the side. I have also had their arrachera and salad, and it was wonderful too. We actually got there late one evening...a little after 4:30 and I got the arrachera and salad, and it had so much meat on it. I figured since it was so late, I got a bonus...have to try that again! Great taste.

I think their hamburgers (made with arrachera) are the best in the Lake Chapala area. I had a special one time that had mushroom sauce on fish...I don't know why I decided to get it, because I don't usually care for sauce on fish...it was delicious...I would definitely get it again. Their burritos are huge and tasty. The staff is very friendly and bi-lingual. You can bring your dog. You can get you car washed next door and pay for it at the restaurant. They have a wonderful herb garden surrounding the restaurant. The views are perfect, and it's very clean.

They also have Modelo Light beer (100 calories and very tasty!)

I am always too full to try their desserts, but they sound wonderful, and I plan to some day. Maybe I'll just go there for dessert and coffee!

They do serve breakfast, and they close at 5:00 pm.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank HappyFeet_Ajijic
Ashland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great tacos, service and lake view”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

i can walk from my place on the libramiento.. think they may still be closed on sundays.. other days i believe open til 5pm.. yummy always

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank stitchintime6
Orlando, Florida
“Good tacos.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not classy but good tacos. If you want to do something different and enjoy a fast breakfast you can come here. Open clean place but next to a gas station. Service is fine.

• Visited February 2014