“A must visit”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great food and beautiful outdoor garden. Excellent friendly service. Good for lunch, dinner or a leisurely glass of wine mid-afternoon..

1  Thank medview

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We joined friends for a lovely Sunday brunch, replete with tasty bloody marys, warm service and a spectacular garden setting, featuring peacocks and other fowl roaming the grounds. My wife and I shared chicken enchiladas and shrimp tacos, both of which boasted fresh ingredients and hearty portions.The food was enjoyable, but not outstanding. Spice levels and heat were very tame, perhaps a nod toward the palates of the expat community at the expense of true Mexican flavors. We've both had much better versions of those dishes in the States. But, the charm of the gardens and the warmth of the staff make for quite an enjoyable experience, one we would return to if we find ourselves back in Ajijic.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I came wandering in here mesmerized by the gardens and a beautiful white pea hen who was making her way around the place. There were also a couple of the vivid turquoise blue males, but not with their tales spread. What a peaceful haven tho, and such a shame the food was barely edible. The aztec sopa tasted like canned tomato soup with some soggy cut-up tortillas thrown in. Yikes. With the so many other great restaurants in town, i'll skip this one next time and leave it to the birds...peacocks, roosters, parrots, or no...

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Set inside a large garden with tables scattered through the garden , very private. Very good menu covering must tastes, I had fettuccine with shrimps, good sauce not too creamy which it sometimes is in Mexico and my partner had chicken which was very good. Nice wine selection. We were there at night so the peacocks were asleep but I imagine the setting must be beautiful during the day.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My sister and I were looking for a place to have a drink and relax and boy did we luck out when we walked into The Peacock Garden. My margarita was good and when we heard the peacocks and chickens loved french fries, we had to order some. The birds were beautiful, friendly and do love their french fries!!

The gardens and scenery were beautiful. I can't wait for my next visit to Ajijic to have more than drinks, and actually have a meal at the Peacock Garden