“Special Treatment”
Review of Casa Flores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Casa Flores
Ranked #1 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Nova Scotia
“Special Treatment”
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I recently visited a friend who owns a home in Ajijic. As we walked along a street, she said "You must see this B&B". We walked through the front door and were confronted with one of the most charming settings I have ever seen. There is the common living room, so comfortable and relaxing, then a few steps down and you're into the breakfast/lunch space, and as you look through the lush vegetation, a beautiful pool. The smell of orange blossoms stops you in your tracks. Without another thought, we booked lunch for the 2 of us plus another friend who would be arriving a few days later. As it happens the three of us all have our birthdays within 4 days. We arrived a bit early on the appointed day and Steve, one of the owners, suggested we relax beside the pool while he got us glasses of a brilliant white wine. He also showed us one of his room - an absolutely beautifully decorated end room on the ground floor, with it's own private garden. When we went to our table, we had a birthday balloon tied to the table. Lunch for me was a creamy green chili soup with blue cheese. Excellent. Then a Corfu salad - a real Greek salad - very little lettuce, again excellent. My friends had the Aztec soup (which I was invited to taste) and it was the best Aztec soup I had on my entire trip, and believe me I tried a lot. Then to top it all off, a beautiful home-made birthday cake. So although I didn't stay at Casa de las Flores, I feel having eaten there, and seen the rooms, I could do the rating.
If I weren't lucky enough to have a friend with a home there, this is a place where I would definitely stay. Steve and staff went above and beyond, and I know will do the same for you.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Fernando G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Casa Flores, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
our place its always ready for special people like you guys, our team always give hes best, cuality, special and human care and all de things you need for your relax.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
UK
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Fantastic stay at Casa de Las Flores. The owners were a delight to meet and made my stay unbelievably brilliant. The accommodation is out of this world and I would highly recommend everyone to visit this outstanding place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
thank you for you recommendation, our team are always ready for provide you the best of Casa Flores¡¡
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Tranquil settings, beautiful flora, fantastic hosts, sublime decor in a beautiful location. 10/10!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mil0sMummy
All that its always available for you guys¨¡¡ com back soon at Casa Flores ¡¡
USA
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We had a fabulous time and made some amazing friends in the staff. Can't wait to go back again! The B&B is just gorgeous and the hospitality is to be bettered nowhere else! One of the best places we've ever been to! Just FABULOUS! :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FoodieInMyBelly
we are so proud for give you an wonderful experience, come back any time, we are always waiting for you¡¡¡
lareddo
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I recently stayed at this wonderful with my husband and we were almost devestated to leave! I actually had tears on the way to the airport.
The staff are wonderful and provide everything you need. Breakfasts and rooms were wonderul. Definitely going back asap.
LOVED IT!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moca27
Fernando G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Flores, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
its always our pleasure, we are ready for give you the best of our place, of dice village and de best of our team and service.
Toronto
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I visited the Lake Chapala area for the first time in January 2010, and my six days staying at Casa de Las Flores are memories that I will treasure. I am now hooked on staying at B&B's. My only fear is that Steve and Fernando have set the standard so high, where can I go from here! They are wonderful innkeepers and made me feel so welcome, I looked forward to returning there each day after exploring the village or surrounding area. The B&B's facilities are clean and well maintained, and breakfast was perfect. Also the location is handy for walking around charming Ajijic. While I was visiting an unusual January cold snap meant I wasn't using the pool, though it looked great & I will be sure to avail myself the next time I visit Casa de Las Flores. For me it came down to the staff. Steve and Fernando just have the rare gift of being gracious hosts, and this made my entire Mexico experience something I will always remember. Muchos gracias again to Steve, Fernando, Fernando #2 and all the friendly staff and of course special mention goes to Elvis and the ever glamourous Kiki, the unofficial Guest Welcoming Committee duo.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank RussitoCanuckito
we are so glad for have a room on your special memories, its always our pleasure recive you again, comme soon¡¡¡
canada
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I just got back from a beautiful five day stay at the Casa de las Flores in Mexico and we really loved it. A friend of ours told us about this place last year and so we decided to go and are so glad we did. I am not somebody who really likes the whole "Bed & Breakfast" thing, but I was so pleasantly surprised! As soon as we walked in I felt like we were in a mini resort property with gorgeous decor and beautiful flowers everywhere. The room felt like I was in another world with the magical colors (and magically colored pink dog running around- you have to see for yourself!) and artwork, comfy bedding, and gardens right outside the terrace door. The bathroom was very clean and cute as well, not like some "B&B's" where things don't always work. We felt really relaxed there and enjoyed hanging out by the pool where it was really peaceful. The owner was fun, friendly, and recommended all sorts of things for us to go and do while we were there. Breakfasts were great and with variety, again, better than other B&B's we have been to before. The only thing I didn't like was that we couldn't stay longer! We will definitely go back, maybe even with some friends next time as there were quite a few rooms that you could book.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canada1976
its a big honor provide you what you need for your relax and comfort time. come back soon and let us surprice you again ¡¡¡¡
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Hotel Casa Blanca
#2 of 26 in Ajijic
La Nueva Posada
La Nueva Posada
#4 of 26 in Ajijic

Been to Casa Flores? Share your experiences!