“In the town, comfortable, welcoming and part of the culture!”
Review of Casa Flores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Casa Flores
Ranked #1 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“In the town, comfortable, welcoming and part of the culture!”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Hi,
My husband and I and our 28 year old daughter spent 3 nights here while visiting my brother who retired nearby.

Where to start....the decor is divine, to 'write home about', and is accompanied by all the amenities; terry bathrobes, hair dryer, coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, bottled water, whatever.
We had the two rooms on the second floor, which were utterly comfortable!

Our hosts, Steve and Fernando's care, attention and laid back manner made us feel welcomed, embraced and cared for. They are pleasant, helpful, astute, knowledgeable, entertaining, there for you, cool, and the kind of people you would want to have as close friends.

Breakfast is divine (make sure to have the chilequiles' with your eggs), and the feeling of the place, enveloped in greenery, flowers, the pool, and the blue sky is calm, serene, protected, and truly welcoming - a real sanctuary. The music in the dining/sitting areas is great, (Frank Sinatra, Mary Black, Leonard Cohen, etc...) adding to the interesting ambience. You feel like you're staying at your best friends' house, but without having to be a 'guest'; with privacy, sunshine, and total relaxation.

The day we left, at 7:00 a.m., after the all-night street parties, singing, music, dancing, firecrackers, bonfires etc. of the Xmas celebrations, Steve went out to get fresh bread so he could be sure we would have 'something' to eat, toasted it and made coffee before we left; all served with cloth napkins, silver, etc. etc. The essence of graciousness!

Did we love it? What do you think?

Claire, Michael and Alexis
NYC

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 January 2011

My husband and I stayed in this gorgeous B&B for 4 nights. We've just returned from our trip and immediately missed the colorful Casa De Las Flores. I can definitely can say that this place has topped all of our carefully researched B&B stays in our travels to both the US and Europe. Ajijic is such a picturesque town but Steve and Fernando's charming attention to their guests needs, ensured our stay was an even more memorable one! We hope to visit Ajijic again soon, and when we do, we'll be booking at Casa De Las Flores.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cemi2004
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I stayed in the Bugambilias suite for two nights in December and could not have been happier with my experience! The room was perfect - just as beautiful as it looks in the pictures on the website. It opens up to a little patio and then the solar-heated pool (which was actually warm enough to swim in!). The entire place is decorated beautifully in the eclectic, international style of the owners, Steve and Fernando.

My room had more than I expected, a coffeepot, microwave, TV, heater, and THE most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Every detail - right down to the super-soft towels and sheets - has been carefully attended to.

Breakfast at Casa de las Flores are wonderful as well. Yolanda makes the best chilaquiles I've ever had and is a joy to chat with. She knows everyone in town and can tell you where to go for food, etc.

I spent both mornings chatting with Steve and Fernando over coffee (and playing with their super friendly little dogs). I felt like part of the family for the weekend and truly enjoyed their company. Having traveled a lot during my entire adult life, I've never felt such a warm welcome.

I recommend this place to ANYONE who wants a relaxing, perfect stay in Ajijic. I will absolutely be back - and will bring my family with me!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I was fortunate enough to stay for 10 days in October and was treated to such warmth and caring. My room was lovely and extrememly clean and if there was anything I needed that wasn't there, it was immediately at my door. The grounds and the entire B&B were a visual delight. Attention to quests' needs was apparent throughout, from everyone including the cook, housekeepers and grounds keeper. But as so many ahead of me have written, nothing is as special as the owners Steve and Fernando. It was an absolute treat just getting to know them. It was a very special 10 days.

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I have never written a review before, but I feel compelled to share my feelings about this wonderful B&B. My husband and I spent over two weeks at Casa de las Flores, and we don't regret a minute of it. Steve and Fernando went out of their way to take care of us. I am sincere when I say we have never received better service at a B&B ANYWHERE! We were there during Dia de los Muertos celebrations, and the first two nights were a bit noisy with fireworks going off at all hours, setting the dogs off, etc. We moved to another room with a little better insulation and a great sound-muffling fan, and we slept like babies for the rest of our stay. The breakfasts were cooked to order and were spectacular. There were fresh flowers in our room every day. Yolanda (I could go on and on about this lovely lady) even took care of our laundry for us. We were picked up and delivered to the airport by Steve, who even drove us into Chapala for a wonderful art fair. We feel that we were treated like family. There may be other B&Bs with beautiful rooms and views, etc., but none of them can compete with Casa de las Flores in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Having morning coffee with Steve and Fernando in their living-room-like welcome area always started the day perfectly, especially if their cherished toy poodles, Kika and Elvis, joined us. The garden and the rooms were delightful. And the charming hosts steered us to a surprisingly good number of excellent restaurants. Ajijic, with its cental plaza and very friendly residents, is a lot more charming than Lake Chapala - and you always have Casa de las Flores to go home to.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 17 November 2010

The place is charming and everything about it is extremely well done. The real gem are the owners who make you feel so welcome. They are eager to please their guests and kindly respond to any and all questions and requests. We had a great time and would highly recommend the B&B to others.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
elkika, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Casa Flores, responded to this review, 30 January 2016
Thats our way to be, it's always our pleasure provide all what you need for your comfort, come back soon and let us give you more surprises and reasons for come back! !!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Hotel Casa Blanca
Hotel Balneario San Juan Cosala
Casa Tres Leones
Casa Tres Leones
#2 of 26 in Ajijic

Been to Casa Flores? Share your experiences!