“Our 3rd visit to a wonderful B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2011

This was our 3rd visit to Estrellitas, and we enjoyed it more than ever. This Inn is an outstanding value with wonderful management by Lorraine Pasini, the owner. The location is perfect, the rooms beautifully decorated with comfortable beds, and it is one block from the new Malacon where we could stroll every morning & evening, enjoying the lake, birds and local atmosphere. All restaurants and lovely shops are easy walking distance as is the pretty zocolo. We look forward to our future stays when visiting wonderful Ajijic!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OpenTicket2

Reviewed 27 December 2010

I had been staying at the Real de Chapala hotel while attending the Focus on Mexico program for those contemplating retiring in Mexico. I had a few extra days and wanted to be in Ajijic village, and one of the Focus staff recommended Estrellita's. As with all the other excellent advice from the Focus people, this was an excellent choice.
I will add to the chorus of appreciation for Lorraine Pasini, the B&B's gracious owner and hostess. She is delightful: warm, witty, with great insight and knowledge of the area. Part of my enjoyment of breakfast was being able to converse with her.
The location, next to the famous expat gathering place the Lake Chapala Society, couldn't be better. It is an easy walk to the lake, restaurants (my favorite is Yves, a block or so away with lake views) as well as shops and restaurants.
I rented Tropicana, the upstairs front room with a large patio overlooking the bustling activity on the street and above the rooftops to the mountains. The wi-fi reception was fast and steady. Great shower, too. The bed was divine, with soft linens and lovely pillows. This is a large room, warmly decorated with Mexican colors and folk art. Staying there was the ideal end to my stay in this delightful part of the world.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My husband and I were very fortunate to spend three nights at Estrellita's recently. Each room is uniquely decorated with Mexican folk art, beautiful furnishings, and comfortable beds. While located close to restaurants and shopping and to the waterfront, each room has access to a charming private garden The two upstairs rooms each have a priviate balcony and comfortable lounges to relax in, read, and enjoy the beautiful views and weather. The owner, Lorraine, lives on-site and is avaialble for advice on where to dine, shop, sightsee. She was very helpful and very nice! Please dont miss Ninette's (nearby) for a gourmet meal by an up and coming young chef, Oscar, who was trained in France.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My wife and I travel widely and like to experience a variety of accomodations. In January, 2010 we stayed at Estrellita's B&B. The owner, Lorraine, has a wide range of experience in both the U.S. and Mexico and and uses that knowledge to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for travellers. The room was clean and tastefully decorated and the kingsize bed was excellent . This B&B is ideally located in the heart of Ajijic, close to the lake and to many fine restaurants. Lorraine was exceedingly helpful - for example, she obtained an extra heater for the room since we had arrived during a rare cold snap. Through talking to Lorraine and her friends (who sometimes dropped by during breakfast) we gained insights into Mexican life and culture that we never would have gotten at a hotel. We found this B&B to be excellent and would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This was our 3rd trip to Ajijic, the 2nd stay at Estrellita's, and we are looking forward to our 3rd visit to Estrellita's soon. Lovely, well cared for B & B within easy walking distance to all places of interest to visitors. Lorraine Pasini, the owner, looks after all your needs. The beds are comfortable and the rooms decorated beautifully. Delicious, full-continental breakfast is served buffet style, and there is a full kitchen available for the guests. Also, there is wireless internet, and reading material and a flat screen TV are available in the living room. To complete this picture, Lorraine has 2 great little dogs who greet you when you come and go. Finally, the price is reasonable compared to other B & Bs in the area. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

My Mom and I went to Ajijic to see my terminal Aunt. It was going to be a very trying time as my Aunt did not want to see us. We knew this would be our last time ever seeing her. We stayed at Estrellita's and it was WONDERFUL. Lorraine is the one of the good guys. We made the reservations kind of last minute and she was wonderful about it. The room was just gorgeous, very big and neatly decorated . Did I mention the good value for your dollar? The breakfast was enough to get you going. The whole place is really quite charming. But, what made a difference to us was that she had a genuine concern for the whole ordeal with my Aunt. PS my Aunt died 3 days after we left.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Lorriane was able to get us a room last miniute.
Adorabley decorated room upstairs with a nice quiet patio.
I have traveled a great deal in Mexico and have come to accept the fact that you will come accross many hard beds in Mexico.
BUT, when we crawled into the beds here it was HEAVEN!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Hotel Casa Blanca
Real de Chapala
#1 of 7 in Ajijic
Hotel Villa San Francisco
Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo

Been to Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!