“Honest review”

Mision Toreo Centro de Convenciones
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naucalpan
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Don't take the overall review score too literal. Everything with the hotel is fine, but two things get noticed:

1.- The location, even if it's convenient, is close to a freeway so you hear cars all the time.
2.- the pillows suck (plain and simple).

One of the worse nights I've spent in a hotel that's for sure, all because of the pillows. Everything else is up to par according to holiday inn standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jose B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Mision Toreo Centro de Convenciones, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Jose B,

We appreciate your review. Our goal is to make sure everyone enjoys their experience at our facility. We are sorry we fell short of your expectations. I truly apologize for the inconveniences that happened during your stay particularly with the noise challenges and condition of the pillows. Thank you for your feedback as it informs us of ways in which we may better serve our guests to further guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Mision Toreo Centro de Convenciones

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Hotel was clean and staff helpful. Needs updating. Not a good neighborhood, stay only for business not for pleasure. The breakfast quality was not great, lunch and dinner quality was high. Staff was helpful and friendly as well.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This facility is located outside of the center of Mexico City. I stayed there to attend an event a local college and not have to deal with downtown traffic to get to my destination. The hotel is reasonably priced and the staff was helpful in getting authorized taxis.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Holiday Inn Toreo Satelita in mexico is located around a good distance from a City centre and not much to do . This hotel was chosen as I am priority Club Member and thus prefer Holiday Inn Properties

I have been to this Hotel for the first time , and due to Google Maps I made this .. Purpose was Expo at Centro Benmax . Distance by Taxi is around 25 min and incase of traffic hours expect it to be 1 hr or more ..

In general there were only two people who speak a better english else staff doesnt understand English even small words . For eg I had an embarrassing moment when a Lady asked me for Laundry and I couldnt make that out ..

Peaceful Hotel , taxi from and to Airport Benito takes around 250 Mx Peso . All Taxi here have slabs whatever distance you cover.

Holiday Inn property is not good for walking tourist at all .. You would rather prefer to go to Polanco which is a down town and decent place to be in

For working still its better . Services are good

Thanks

Rohit Gupta

Room Tip: No Comments
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rohit G
IHGCare, ihgcare at Mision Toreo Centro de Convenciones, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear INDIAOUTSOURCES,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay regarding the hotels location and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good quality of our peaceful hotel and the good services.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 October 2011

the location is very close to the freeway ,that is convenient but very noisy ,not to my expectations ,I travel a lot to Mexico city I decide to give a try because is a well known Hotel Chain ,I stay before in a little BB in Satelite is farther but 100% better

Room Tip: try something else if you want a good night sleep
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Advertised free shuttle from Benito Juarez Airport, does not run on Sundays! because the hotel is not busy (I was told), yet the room I reserved was not available. I was never able to have my king bed non-smoking room as reserved (for 4 days) it was "unavailable". There was smoking permitted throughout the building. The office with printers and computers was located next to the gym. So while I was working out on the treadmill, I was breathing thick 2nd hand smoke the entire time, (it was sickening). By the way, the gym was never opened until you called staff to open the door and turn on the power. The gym had lockers, but no keys or towels. My room which was on a smoking floor reeked of old stale cigarette smoke and was infested with some small black bugs, don't know what species. The room was tiny with 1 chair for the entire room. The internet connection was spotty and when I called to have it repaired, I was told it was working fine. Of course when the hotel support staff entered my room to investigate, there were 2 phones (for some reason), in the room, one which did not work. The concierge phoned technical support from my room to talk to his technician, upon check out the hotel tried to bill me for his calls. They never got the Wi-Fi Service working, so I had to be hardwired into the desk area and could not move around the room with my laptop. The overall condition of my room and hotel felt old, dirty and antiquated. Management was a joke, when I communicated many of these issues to them, they listened but did nothing. It is a disgrace for this hotel to carry the Holiday Inn Brand. In 20 years of staying in Hotels throughout the world this was my worst experience. Of course the staff was nice and cordial, but that hardly made up for all the other inadequacies of this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing northeast have less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pedude
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Great staff, always wanted to help. Clean rooms with A/C. Rooms are decent size. Hotel is between busy streets. We wouldn't recommend the location for tourists. Hotel was close to family for us. Problem is hotel Is just outside DF so taxis & buses don't cross into DF (though there is a big transfer station for buses). Again staff was great offering their shuttle to take us for free to family home in DF--they also took us to airport for free. Free secure parking garage with valet when we had a car.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naucalpan
Hotel Valle de Mexico
#10 of 312 in Mexico City
No photo provided
Hotel Parque Via
#202 of 312 in Mexico City

Been to Mision Toreo Centro de Convenciones? Share your experiences!