“One of the best options to relax and enjoy in Mexico - Me Encanta”

Hotel Villa Bejar and Spa Tequesquitengo
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Tequesquitengo
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have had the pleasure to be at Villa Bejar for several times and every time it exceeds my expectations. Either in a wedding which was simply outstanding or in a conference which made feel I was not for working purposes, this is my first choice for first class quality relaxation.

Last time I went with my wife and enjoyed a full day spa package. Best massage ever by far! The staff are professional and highly qulified at a glance. They made us feel like home at any time.

The friendly and Kind personnel are very helpfull and looking to please always.

The food deserves a special comment since you can find not only a great variety of mexican and international dishes but you can see how some of the plates are prepared at the moment.

Romms are clean and comfortable. Ours had a beautiful view of the lagoon. We did not do any water sport but fans can do water skiing, wave running or scuba diving. The facilities are just in the beach of the hotel.

We can wait to go bak again

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jomaronu

Reviewed 27 July 2010

I heard this from a couple of my friends after experiencing the Four Hands Massage, and it was true! I have not seen this service offered at any other spa, really quite amazing! This and the Hot Stones Massage were my favorite spa services, although the other services included in my package were excellent. A good point to mention is that the cost of these services were a fraction of what we would pay in the USA, only about $55.00 for an hour!

The staff bent over backwards to be sure I had everything I needed; truly they paid attention to every detail. Judy who arranged my trip through www.dreamsltd took care of everything except my flight, and she even was there to facilitate side trips and other activities. We really had a great time.

You must go to the Camello Bar at the hotel on the weekends and listen to their local talented musician Benny! He plays the saxophone, guitar and flute and has the most beautiful voice! He also plays at the Sunday Brunch, which has all the yummy local Mexican dishes. All the meals are served on a terrace outside, overlooking the lake, it really is beautiful. All the rooms have lake views and a terrace too!

Really a great value for the money. I would definitely go again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank CindyG2010
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Just back from spending 4 nights and 5 days at the Villa Bejar & Spa Tequesquitengo with 3 good friends. The hotel itself is right on a beautiful lake with all rooms featuring views. The rooms were extremely clean and well appointed. Our package included 4 nights, 3 meals per day and 12 spa treatments. It also included airport transfers and a boat ride on the lake. (They pick you up right outside of customs. Very easy, safe and convenient.)

Our days were structured like this: wake up around 7:30am, have breakfast, then from 8:30am to 10am or so, enjoy a personalized workout (with the truly wonderful Zeus) followed by pool and spa time. In the evenings we'd enjoy cocktails overlooking the lake, or a boat ride, followed by dinner. It was truly the most relaxing vacation ever. The food was great, the spa treatments were heavenly, the service was top notch. Our every need was tended to immediately. Everyone from our driver - Antonio, to the reservations agent - Marcela, to our spa coordinator and the spa director - Mario and Toni - to the incredible waitstaff - Evanisto was friendly, responsive and always helpful. Mario even took the four of us shopping in JoJutla... We were the only Americans at the hotel, which made the experience even more special.

Thanks for a truly wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bueide
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Such a charming hotel which sits right on a lake! Every room is lakefront and has a terrace. The rooms are bright and cheerful, also very clean. Attention is paid to every detail, so although this is not a "fancy" hotel, the upkeep, service and food is excellent. The spa services are very professional, I have never had a better massage anywhere! The staff are very attentive, they anticipated my every need. Certainly 5 star service!

My favorite "side trips" were the shopping day in Taxco, where I bought a ton of silver jewelry, very cheap, and the trip to the Xochicalco pyramids, which was very interesting. The hotel arranged an English speaking guide for me.

They have a "sister hotel" in Cuernavaca which also was VERY NICE! It is close to the center of town which made it very convenient. It was nice to spend a couple of nights here too, to get a taste of the city. They also had spa and full service hair salon at this hotel!

When checking out, the staff informed me that the hotel is offering a 15% discount on all of their spa packages for the rest of the year! I can't wait to return in July, truly a great value when you consider what we would pay for the same services here in the USA! I hear that in July the weather is perfect, not too hot like some of the coastal cities in Mexico. In this part of the country it is about 80 degrees year round!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank gypsyboots
Reviewed 12 March 2008

I feel really awful about not writing a review more quickly for Villa Bejar, perhaps motivated, in part, by the fact that it is a truly undiscovered gem (and it might be nice to keep it that way) and a true value for a pampering vacation. Your package, mine was booked through Dreamsltd.com (more about that later) includes transportation from Mexico City airport to Villa Bejar, a several hundred dollar value alone, plus all meals and a non-alcoholic drink with the meal, nearly two spa treatments a day, and as many exercise classes as you want tailored just for you. Your driver, Daniel, does not speak English, but is a delight, and even gave me a big hug on returning to the airport.
You enter Villa Bejar by going down a large hill, and through a locked gate to see only the top of the building overlooking the lake. Check in is in an open building at the top of the hotel, and went smoothly, as did the delivery to my room. The room was fine, typical Mexican tile flooring with a sitting area overlooking the lake, as well as a outdoor balcony with seating and a large King-size bed. Not luxurious by any means, in fact, someone discribed it as more Holiday Inn than Omni, but comfortable with everything you need, including a t.v. with a few English channels, a safe for valuables, and a bathroom with large shower ( I did miss the tub, though.) In typical Mexican fashion there were towels on my bed in the shape of swans with fresh flowers, a fruit basket on the coffee table, and bottled water on the dresser. Since I drank so much water the housekeepers soon left me 6 bottles a day. The view of the lake and mountains, while not an ocean, is still lovely. Daily housekeeping service was nice and very thorough. These people take care of you!
The room is only a tiny part of the vacation, however, as much time is spent at the lovely outdoor restaurant , pool, spa, and work-out room. The food was wonderful with a choice of spa or traditional Mexican menu- I opted for the second as I can never get too much guacamole- ate it three meals a day. On weekends when many Mexicans came in from the cities there were excellent buffets for breakfast and lunch as well as live entertainment in the evenings in the open air bar. The waiters all watch out for you and even send someone over who speaks English should you need it. I didn't mind eating alone with a good book, and, if other Americans were around often joined them.
The spa is up some steps from the pool with a changing room with fresh robes and slippers, a waiting area with herbal tea, and a relaxing area with lounge chairs, hand-painted murals on the walls and a glass wall overlooking the pool. All of my treatments were very enjoyable and relaxing- the honey and chocolate massages you get with a Dream Vacation were especially nice and Mario and Violetta were attentive and relaxing. My only complaint about the spa was that the rooms overlooking the pool were a bit noisy on the weekend since a lot of children came in with their parents. Zeus, the fitness instructor took me on walks outside of the resort every morning, and then tailored stretching/yoga classes just for me as well as worked with me on the standard fitness machines. I was the only person working out most mornings.
I enjoyed two trips, one to Taxco (included in my package), the silver city, accompanied by Judy, the owner of Dreams LTD, and a second to Xochicalco Pyramids with two new American friends. Both were a delight, and Judy, especially is not just a travel agent, but a friend, who will translate for you as needed and show you all of her secret spots to shop. I only wish I had brought more cash to stock up on all of the great silver buys as credit was accepted only in some of the shops. The Mayan pyramids and museum were educational and beautiful set on top of a mountain. You can still climb on them, which you cannot do in other parts of Mexico. A box lunch and bottled water is included on the excursions.
Don't forget to take the boat trip around the lake that comes with your package. You'll be amazed by the mansions surrounding the lake and enjoy the boat ride, too.
I would definetely recommend Villa Bejar if you want an economical all-inclusive spa vacation at prices less than what you'd pay for just the hotel in the states. It is not a luxury or ocean resort vacation, but a fine, safe and pampering get away on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank momsgetaway
Reviewed 11 November 2007

Second time
Last year around this time I visited Villa Bejar, and wrote a wonderful review, about the care and treatment I received as a Woman traveling alone, and a diabetic. Unfortunately I did not receive the same treatment or concern this time around. Villa Bejar has lost its Spa Director, who took charge of my visit last year. Replaced by an inexperienced boy, void of what it takes to properly represent this spa , and make its guests feel stress free. Now, please understand there are still great things about Villa Bejar. The wonderful massages, and spa treatments conducted by the same wonderful staff I met last year. A fitness trainer, Zeus who can get you motivated, and have fun at the same time. A wait staff, who will MAKE SURE, your dietary needs are met, once they have been informed.
My driver Daniel, who speaks no English, was not only my driver but my security when needed. My advise, always stay on top of everything. I was lucky to meet two people who took charge , and made the balance of my week wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeromemissy
Reviewed 10 October 2007

What a charming place! The rooms all face the lake and have individual terraces! The food was excellent, and the service couldn't have been better. The spa services were the best I have had anywhere. The location was good for sightseeing as well. It was close to the Xochicalco Pyramids, which were very interesting, and also not far from Taxco where we found some great buys on silver jewelry. Very relaxing, a great place for us girls to get away and be pampered.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank garnetgirl1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tequesquitengo
Excelaris Grand Resort Conventions & Spa
#16 of 59 in Cuernavaca
Hacienda Vista Hermosa
Hacienda Vista Hermosa
#1 of 8 in Tequesquitengo

Been to Hotel Villa Bejar and Spa Tequesquitengo? Share your experiences!