“Basic, clean*, great location, so-so WiFi”

Posada Familiar Los Girasoles
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valle de Bravo
Posada Familiar Los Girasoles
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Valle de Bravo
Edmonton, Canada
“Basic, clean*, great location, so-so WiFi”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a great value at a low-low price, and the location on the corner of the square can't be beat. I walked up and asked for a room, checked in, then later the gal snagged me to offer a refund because she'd accidentally charged me too much when I'd pre-paid for my two nights. Top marks for honesty.

I had a room upstairs near the front, and after a torrential rain which leaked into that room, they moved me to the one at the back upstairs. Neither room had usable WiFi signal inside (unless you stood beside the door), so in both cases I resorted to sitting in the open-air hall outside (great view of church BTW). No problem then, assuming they turn on the patio lights after dark so you can see the keyboard. But still they need to move the WiFi access point to a better location.

Beds and pillows were lumpy (what do you expect at this price?), but to my pleasant surprise I quickly stopped noticing and fell fast asleep.

The first night in the substitute room, I noticed a band-aid in the shower, and toilet paper under the bed. Both disappeared after the maid came through next morning, and I could find no fault with the original room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ViajeroPerdido

Business
southern BC
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We stayed here for 4 days and were impressed. The location is right on the plaza though we had no problems with night noise. We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor, that was very clean and had 1 double bed and 2 single beds. Lots of hot hot water in the shower and soft towels. The fellow who worked up at the front desk was extremely helpful and went out of his way on more than 1 occasion - once he came up to us and we were walking down the road just to hand us a map of the town.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family